Audible lets subscribers listen to books on any platform and on all platforms. The app has a built-in feature that allows users to download titles to their device’s local store. The file itself however is in proprietary format meaning that it cannot be played without the Audible app.
Audible property format prevents piracy, as it should. The download feature makes it so that users do not need an active internet connection to listen to the books they have purchased and the file format keeps them from being freely shared.
Convert Audible books to MP3
If you do not want to use the Audible app to listen to your books, ie, you want to be able to use your favorite media player to listen, you need to convert the book to a different format ie , MP3.
Note on piracy
This article does not provide instructions on how to download books from Audible. To convert a book, you must have an active subscription to the service. You also need to install the Audible app on your Windows 10 PC. Without the app, you will not be able to convert books to MP3 format.
Once they have been altered, do not share / sell them. It is illegal. The MP3 files should be used for your own benefit.
Convert AAX and AA files to MP3
- Download the Audible app for Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store.
- Go to library and download the title you want to listen to it.
- When the download is complete, click on the hamburger image at the top left of the Audible app.
- Choose Circumstances.
- go to Download.
- Click Open Download space in File Explorer.
- Download, install and run AaxAudioConverter from Github.
- Make sure Audible is open to enable AaxAudioConverter confirm your account. If authentication fails, you will not be able to use the app.
- With AaxAudioConverter open, drag & drop the downloaded file (from the File Explorer window) on to the app.
- Select the turn shape.
- Choose a destination for the output files.
- Click Turn.
- When turned, open the destination package.
- S.you have the files by chapter number, and start listening in your favorite media player.
The converted files retain their metadata but can be transferred from one device to another ie, if you have an Android phone, you can copy these files to the phone’s storage and listen in the favorite audio player. Again, we need to emphasize that you should not distribute the MP3 files online or share them with anyone even if they have an Audible subscription.
The post Revealed how to convert Audible books to MP3 on Windows 10 first on TechtricksNg.