Screenshot software is easy to find; You can find simple, free tools that can capture your screen, and you can find feature-rich premium tools that do everything and more.
Just like screen capture programs, it is easy to find programs that can record a video from your webcam. There are simple recording apps, like the stock camera app on Windows 10, and more advanced tools.
You can find apps that can record your screen and record your webcam, but it tends to record one at a time. If you want to record a stream from your webcam and also record your screen, the list of programs you can use becomes smaller.
Record screen and webcam on Windows 10
Recording both the screen and your webcam is not as difficult as it sounds. If you want a free solution, we strongly recommend using OBS (OpenBroadcaster Studio).
OBS can record and broadcast multiple streams, which means it is possible from your screen and from the webcam. All you need to know is how to set up the streams.
- Download, and install OpenBroadcaster Studio.
- Launch the app.
- Click on the plus button under ‘Resources’ column.
- Choose Show capture from the menu.
- Select the monitor you enter in the next window, and click Ok.
- Click on the plus button under ‘Resources’ column again.
- Select “Video Recorder” from the menu.
- Choose your camera on the next window that opens, and click ok.
- Both of you screen and webcam added as resources. Drag the webcam to the edge of the screen you want to appear on and resize it if it is too large.
- Click ‘Start Recording’ or “Start streaming”, and OBS will record from both.
Note: You can add multiple monitors and multiple webcams as resources. You can easily enable / disable the sources by hiding the sources by clicking the eye icon next to the source. Recording is a CPU task, so the more resources you consume, the more resources you record.
OBS is a powerful app. In addition to recording both the camera and the screen at the same time, you can also lie on it. We have outlined the full process here.
The great thing about OBS is that it is also available for macOS and Linux, which means you can use this tool, and exactly the same steps to record the screen and webcam on some type of system.
The article How to record screen and webcam on Windows 10 first appears on TechtricksNg.