Windows 10 comes with an app called Your Phone. This app can sync messages, calls, and more from your phone to your PC.
Your phone works better with an Android phone than it does with an iPhone. With an iPhone it runs into all sorts of restrictions. One rather limited limitation is that you cannot send / receive iMessages on your PC through the Your Phone app if you have an iPhone.
It is not impossible to send and receive iMessages. Of course, there is a Dell app that can do the job.
Send and receive iMessages on Windows 10
To send and receive iMessage on Windows 10, you need to;
- The Dell Mobile Connect app on Windows 10.
- The Dell Mobile Connect app on your iPhone.
- iMessages installed on your iPhone and enabled via phone number.
1. Get the Dell Mobile Connect app on Windows 10
However, the Dell Mobile Connect app for Windows 10 is available in the Microsoft Store only. To install it on unsupported devices, follow these steps.
- Visit the Dell Mobile Connect app page in your browser.
- At the top right, click Sign In.
- Sign in with the account you use on your Windows 10 PC and in the Microsoft Store.
- Once you have signed up, click on the more options button next to the Get button.
- Selec Add to cart from the table.
- Click Check it out.
- Complete the purchase in the browser and do not open the Microsoft Store until you see the ‘Thank you for your order’ page.
- Open the Microsoft Store App on your Windows 10 PC.
- Click on your profile picture.
- Choose My Library.
- look for Dell Mobile Connect on the list of your apps.
- Click Install.
- Dell Mobile Connect will be installed.
2. Install Dell Mobile Connect
Now that you have installed Dell Mobile Connect, the hard part is over. Follow these steps to connect your iPhone and Windows 10 PC.
- On your iPhone, install the Dell Mobile Connect app.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your Windows 10 system.
- Open the Intell Dell Mobile Connect app on your iPhone and Windows 10 system.
- Enter the code the app shows up on your phone, in the app on your Windows 10 system.
- Follow the on-screen instructions on the desktop and set your phone to work with.
- Grant the Dell Mobile Connect app permits it needs to be on your iPhone as you go along.
- When the work is done, you will see a prompt calling you install Dell Connect drivers.
- Click on it download drivers.
- Install the drivers.
- Restart Dell Mobile Connect on your Windows 10 system and wait for your phone to connect.
- On your iPhone, open the Options app.
- Tap on it Tooth-blue.
- Tap on the ‘i’ next to the name of your desktop.
- Enable the messages and links turn.
3. Send / receive iMessages
The Dell Mobile Connect app can send and receive SMS and iMessages from your phone.
- Open Dell Mobile Connect on your desktop.
- Go to messages tab.
- Click on the extra button to start a new message thread.
- Choose a message.
- Make up and send a message.
- If the contact has installed iMessage, the a message will be sent as iMessage.
Note: You can also receive phone calls through Dell Mobile Connect and view messages on your phone.
There are some limitations to Dell Mobile Connect.
- It can only send / receive messages (SMS or iMessage) over a phone number ie, messages using iMessage via email address cannot be sent.
- The app does not load message history.
- Message history is a bit slow to load.
App connection problems
If the app does not connect to your phone, or you are having trouble repairing the iPhone with your Windows 10 system, try these unlock steps and make sure you have all the permissions is required to be provided to the app.
The post Revealed how to add and receive iMessages on Windows 10 first on TechtricksNg.