Adobe is known for its design tools; Photoshop, InDesign, Fireworks, etc., but it also has one of the most popular document formats: PDF. They also have an excellent collaboration tool called InCopy.
InCopy is a collaboration tool but unlike the collaboration tools you find in Google Docs or Microsoft Word, InCopy is a copywriting tool that allows you to work with developers -design. Think of a web page that is designing it; there will be both design and text elements. Instead of waiting for one thing to finish, or working on their own, designers and copywriters can collaborate on a project from their apps.
Adobe InCopy features
InCopy has elements to keep the text organized and to keep it separate from the design elements.
- Separate paragraphs with borders
- Find cloths
- Filter fonts
- Add text style and turn off the text
- Add images and tables
- Add image to tables
- Prepare tables by dragging and dropping objects
- Manage colors and create swatches
- Add links to the text
- Enter text in the designated field / location provided
- You can maintain a gallery of the materials, photos, boards, notes, etc. you want to use in a document and access them when you need to
- There is a special notes tool that allows you to add notes in text. The notes fall and expand and do not take place in the document
- You can track changes made to the document
- You can collaborate with others through Adobe Creative Cloud
- There is support for Microsoft Word files ie DOCX and DOC files
Adobe InCopy it is not free. It is, like all other Adobe products a membership-based tool however, it is one of the cheapest available. You can get a subscription to InCopy for $ 4.99 / month.
You will also have access to Adobe Creative Cloud so you do not have to purchase a subscription separately.
Like all other Adobe products, there is a free trial available for InCopy. You can try it for free for 7 days and after that you have to buy a subscription for it.
InCopy has a very simple UI. Knowledge of Photoshop or InDesign will not help much. You have to learn it but it is not complicated. It is also lightweight. If you are working as a copywriter, it is likely that your system cannot handle resource intensive tasks which is why InCopy was run on the average system.
If you need to work on copy while the design for a webpage is in progress, InCopy is a great tool to have. The tool is not something to use if you are not cooperating on design. It is not a standard write tool and will not replace a document processor.
The post Adobe InCopy: Cost, features, and downloads appeared first on TechtricksNg.