Google does not control which hardware runs Android OS. There are some general requirements that Android needs to be installed, but the final hardware configuration you get cannot be determined by Google. The company does not play a role in designing a device, so you will find a Bixby button on Samsung devices and a dedicated Google search key on others.
You can re-map the Bixby key on a Samsung phone. If your phone has a Google search key, you can re-map it; an app or even a system feature.
Reformulate Google Search Key on Android
This article was written for Android 10 devices and the mentioned settings are available on the specific version of the operating system. Newer or older versions may have another option. The options may also differ depending on the device you own.
Verify Google Search Key
You must first make sure that the extra key on your Android device is indeed a Google Search key.
- On your Android phone, press the physical key that you think is the Google Search key.
- Wait until Google Search is enabled. If so, the key to doubt is indeed the Google Search Key.
Disable Google Search Key
Before you can re-map the Google Search key, you must disable its inventory functionality.
- Make the Settings app on your Android phone.
- Go to System> Gestures.
- Tap on the Google Assistant option.
- Turn the turn off Google Assistant.
Rephrase Google Search Key
To map the Google Search key, you need to install an app.
- Install Button Mapper from the Play Store.
- Open the app and grant the rights it needs.
- On the app home screen, see if the Google Search or Google Assistant key is listed. If so, tap it and move on to step 7.
- If the Google Search Key is not listed, tap Add Buttons.
- Tap on the floating plus button.
- Press the Google Search Key and it will be detected. Tap Add.
- Turn on the ‘Customize’ button.
- Tap on the ‘Single tap’ option.
- Choose a new feature of the listed and it will be applied.
Button Mapper is strictly for hardware keys. If you have soft buttons, e.g. If you want to customize the soft buttons on the back or the multitasking, which you see at the bottom of the navigation bar, on some phones, this app can not help you. There are soft button recapture apps available, and a quick search in the Play Store will direct you to them.
The report How to remap the Google Search key on an Android phone first appears on TechtricksNg.