Whatsapp is quite a full-featured messaging app. It offers end-to-end encryption that most mainstream messaging apps do not, and allows users to forward messages, make audio and video calls, send files and send voice messages, among many other impressive things.
Whatsapp even has business accounts and because it is so popular all over the world, you can find many companies incorporating Whatsapp business account into their messenger support on the site.
Outgoing messages in WhatsApp
If you use Whatsapp a lot, you may have several active threads with hundreds, if not thousands of messages. Messages and media sent over a single conversation thread or across all threads can be easily cleaned but must be done manually.
If you are not interested in relying on messages in a particular thread, you can allow messages to disappear to delete them automatically.
Enable Disable Messages in Whatsapp
Deleting messages is a completely new feature. It is available on both iOS and Android. Make sure you are running the latest version of the app.
- Open Whatsapp on your phone.
- Select the conversation thread you want to allow messages to disappear.
- Tap on the the name of the contact at the top.
- Choose Extinct messages.
- Select the ‘On’ option.
- Outgoing messages will be enabled.
- Extinct messages this is not possible for group chat. One-on-one conversation thread is forbidden.
- When enabling messages to disappear for conversation, the other person will be told that it is enabled. They know that messages sent over the thread will be gone.
- The messages disappear after 7 days. Outgoing messages are not the same as archived messages. As soon as a message disappears, you can’t get it back.
- 7 days is enough time for anyone take a screenshot of a message so while a message may be gone, confirmation that it has been sent may still be there.
- A. a message sent over a thread with past messages can be forwarded. The original message will go away, but the forwarded message will not be sent.
- Any media saved from message cannot be deleted from device. As long as the media has not been saved, it will be removed but Whatsapp cannot delete video, audio, file or image saved to phone storage.
- Messages sent before messages go out of sight will not be removed. The feature only works on messages that have been submitted after it has been enabled.
Outgoing messages in Whatsapp are a great way to keep the app from floating with messages. If it is not your habit to clean the app regularly, this is a good way to automate. Of course, you need to enable the feature for one-on-one chairs. It’s a shame it doesn’t work for group chat because that’s where files and messages usually pop up.
The post How to send obsolete messages in WhatsApp first appeared on TechtricksNg.