Professional documents look special; the shape is consistent and throughout the scene, they are great to look out of. Important images and topics stand out, and for longer documents, sections and chapters are properly explained.
Limitations on Google Docs
Boundaries in a document won’t help organize it better but they look nice. If you are up to effort, you can apply different boundaries to each chapter and give the reader a visual impression that they are reading a new / different chapter.
Unfortunately, Google Docs does not have a border device. If you want to submit one, you have to be creative. Here’s how to limit Google Docs.
1. Create a table
You can create a 1 × 1 table and insert your text inside the table. The downside to this approach is;
- You can delete a lot of space on the page borders
- You need to manually add a table to each page
- Managing text, images, and tables within a table will be a challenge
To insert the end of the board,
- Go to Apply> Table.
- Just select the top left cell to get a 1 × 1 table.
- Once installed, click on the inside of the menu.
- Press in until the table height exceeds the length of the page.
- At the top right, you will see a pen tool.
- Use the tools to change the color of the board finish.
2. Use drawing tools
Google Docs does not have a limiter, but it does have a crawling tool. You can use it to draw lines around a page and create a border.
- Open the new Google Docs file
- Go to Insert> Image> New.
- In the window that opens, select the shape drawing tool.
- Enter a rectangular shape
- Remove the filling.
- Change the thickness and color of the line.
- Change the style of the line ie, dashed, dotted, etc.
- Click Save.
- Once the rectangle has been inserted into the document, drag it out and fill in the page.
Repeat for all pages.
3. Use an image
This method allows you to add the most decorative border you can to Google Docs. It will also be difficult to work with. You need to find a frame in the form of an image. It needs to be in PNG format as the PNG format supports brightness.
- Open a document in Google Docs.
- Go to Insert> Image.
- Upload the image from your local driver or link.
- Once installed, change the image so that it works as a border.
- Back up text from the image options.
Boundaries are not essential to any document but they make a document look good. You can’t rely on designing on your own to make a good document but once you have a strong, written document ready, it looks good as a great way to show that it has been created with effort.
The post Demonstrate how to limit Google Docs first on TechtricksNg.