Horses are one of many neutral or passive movements in Minecraft. Just like other mobs of this type can be used to gather resources or feed a player, horses serve their own specific purpose if a capable player is offended. Once summoned, a horse can be ridden, and you can arm it to keep it safe when fighting mobs.
Horse breeding in Minecraft
Horses occur naturally in Minecraft and come in a variety of variations. Just like chickens, cats, wolves, cattle, turtles, etc., horses can be bred. Breeding horses follows the same principle as other mobs. The only trick is to know what to feed the horse.
To breed horses in Minecraft, you need to feed one of the following;
- Yellow apples or
- Yellow carrots
Between apples and carrots, it is easier to get apples.
Find apples in Minecraft
To get apples in Minecraft, you can look for them in coffins found in villages, temples, mineshafts. You can also mine them.
- Find an oak tree (they are very common)
- Break the leaves of the tree.
- Keep breaking them and they will finally drop an apple.
- Look for large oak trees and you can usually get one apple from it if there are no more.
Find Carrots in Minecraft
Carrots can be found on farms in villages or in coffins in temples, mines, villages, etc. They are usually found on town farms although not all town farms have carrots.
Finding a carrot may be difficult but, once you have found one, you can plant and grow more. Unlike apples, one carrot is enough for you to create your own store.
Find gold in Minecraft
Regardless of whether you choose to give a horse a golden apple or a golden carrot, you will need gold. Gold is an ore that occurs underground.
To mine gold, you need an iron pickaxe. Gold is available at levels 2-29. Read our guide to Minecraft mines for more information.
Gold craft / apple craft
Curing a golden apple or carrot is a must;
- Apple or carrot
- Eight gold ingots
To a golden carrot or apple;
- Open the crafting board.
- Place the apple or carrot (whatever you are using) in the middle cell ie the second cell of the second row.
- Place gold ingots in all remaining cells.
- Gather the golden apple or carrot.
Horse breeding in Minecraft
At least ten yellow apples or carrots should be ready. You can use a combination of both. There is no rule that says you can only feed horse apples or just feed carrots. Mix it if you want or need it.
- Make sure you have at least two tamed horses.
- Take the apple / golden carrot in your hand.
- Use the place object / use action on the horse while holding the carrot / apple.
- Repeat until you see hearts coming from the horse.
- Repeat for the other horse.
- If all goes well, you will get a foal.
The hardest part of breeding horses is finding the gold for apples / carrots. If you don’t know how to tame a horse, you basically have to put it up and keep going until it stops kicking you. That’s about it. It can take several attempts with certain types of horses while others are much easier to praise.
The post Revealed how they bred horses in Minecraft first on TechtricksNg.