Windows has always had themes but in Windows 10, these themes have been conservative in terms of what they allow users to change. The title bar changes color to match the wallpaper but not much else happens.
Windows 11 has a much more customizable theme feature. You start with four preset themes however, users can customize different aspects of them.
Theme in Windows 11
Windows 11 has four new preset themes. The advanced interface theme is still there for visually impaired users but can now be ignored.
Change theme on Windows 11
Windows 11 comes with some pre-installed themes including a very nice, gray-gray variation of its standard theme with matching wallpaper. You can download more themes from the Microsoft Store (though you may not have many to choose from right now).
- Open the Configuration application with keyboard shortcut Win + I.
- Choose Personalization from the left.
- Click Subjects.
- Choose a topic and will be implemented.
Customize a theme in Windows 11
When customizing a theme in Windows 11, you start with one of the themes in the Accessibility feature.
- Open the Configuration app with the Win + I. keyboard shortcuts.
- go to Accessibility from the left-hand column.
- Click Contradictory topics.
- Open the Anti-fallout issues and select one of the preset topics (Aquatic, Desert, Dusk, and Sky Night).
- Click Enter.
- Once the subject as applied click the Edit button.
- Click on a color box and choose what color you want to use it instead.
- Repeat for all colors you want to change the subject.
- Click on the Save and Apply Button.
- Give the subject of a name that has no place.
- The a topic will be applied.
When customizing a theme, be sure to check out how the new colors look in UWP apps and desktop apps. Use the Settings and File Explorer app as a litmus test. Most of the apps will be on Windows 11 support themes but there will be exceptions. The topic also applies to menus.
Windows 11 is still at an early stage so if you try this, you should know that it will take a couple of attempts to implement the theme.
Custom access themes may not be what users think of when they want to create a custom theme for Windows 11 but the feature fits the bill. More importantly, for users who found that the basic interface themes were not high enough, there is now a simple way to get the colors that are difficult for you to see but still keep the high contrast theme.
The post Demonstrate how to modify and customize a theme on Windows 11 first on TechtricksNg.