Google Maps provides great directions, directions, and right to get anywhere. You will receive guidance if you are walking, driving or cycling. They update as you go and if you happen to change your path, the guide automatically updates from where you are now.
Google Custom Maps
Google Maps gives you multiple directions when you look at directions. They take you from where you are now to a specific destination. Different routes will have different arrival times, and will be listed. You can take your pick.
If you want to create a custom map in Google Maps ie, a map that guides you or someone else through checkpoints or places to reach a destination, you can make one using pins.
Create custom Google Maps
To create a custom map in Google Maps you need to use the web version of Google Maps. IOS and Android apps do not have this feature.
- Open Google Maps in your desktop browser (any browser will).
- Sign in with your Google Account.
- Click Create a new map.
- Give the map a custom name so you know why.
- Rename the cover.
- Navigate to the location where you would like to create the map.
- Click on the point icon and click on the map where you would like to place it.
- Describe the point and change the name of the point.
- Continue adding points until the map is complete.
- Click the Preview button to see what it looks like.
- When you are done, click the Share button and share the map.
Editing the map
You can change the map points whenever you want. When sharing, you also have the option to allow anyone with a link to edit the map. If you’re making plans with friends, it’s a great tool for letting everyone add something to the map. The only downside is that they will only be able to edit the map on a desktop.
Custom maps are basically private and nothing forces you to share them. If you want to identify places you’ve been to, or want to revisit, it’s useful to use. If you find the route that Google Maps gives you for a particular location, you can create a map that is better for you and remember it whenever you need it. These maps cannot be created on the mobile apps but can be easily viewed so you can access them when you arrive.
The post How to Create a Custom Map in Google Maps appeared first on TechtricksNg.