YouTube is the handy website when you want to watch a video of anything. Most people will upload a video here across other platforms because it is easy. For users who want to watch a video, go to YouTube because it is a popular video platform and because it is easy to play video on it. Both the mobile and desktop version, as well as the mobile apps over a seamless gaming experience.
YouTube: Audio rende error: Please restart your computer
YouTube only needs a modern web browser and an active internet connection to work. The video will play and the sound will play with it. Providing video and audio playback on YouTube, or any other website, or app depends on your system being properly configured. If the video or audio drivers are not working properly, you cannot play audio or video.
If you are playing a video on YouTube, and you see the audio reporter error: See if you restart your computer error message, run through the following checks.
- Quit and open the browser
- Try using a different browser, Chrome preferably
- Check if you can play local video in an app like TV & Movies or VLC player
- See if you can play videos on other websites eg Facebook
If the above does not solve the problem, and you are unable to play local video as well as videos on other websites, try the following to fix the error message on YouTube.
1. Restart the system
You should restart the system first. The error suggests this and you should try it. The problem should not continue after a restart however, if it does, try the other solutions we have listed.
2. Check / change audio devices
If you have an external audio device connected to your system, it may have problems or may not have been able to configure the system properly.
Switch to an internal audio device eg, the built-in speakers. Also try to connect a different audio device eg, a pair of wireless or wireless headphones and check if YouTube can play the video.
3. Restart the sound card
No matter what audio device you use, it works through the sound card on your system. Restarting the sound card can fix a YouTube error.
- Open Device Manager.
- Expand input and audio outputs.
- Right-click the sound card and select Disable device.
- When disabled, restart the system.
- Open device manager again.
- Expand input and audio outputs.
- Right click on the sound card and select Enable device.
4. Trouble hearing loss
Windows 10 comes with an audio troubleshooter. He ran and may be able to solve hearing problems.
- Open the Settings app with the keyboard shortcut Win + I.
- Go to Update and security.
- Go to the Troubleshoot tab.
- Click Additional Troubleshooter.
- Run the Play Troubleshooter and enter all its recommended configurations.
5. Disable browser hardware acceleration
Modern browsers now support hardware acceleration and are useful when you need to use powered web apps, but it can also cause problems. Try disabling hardware acceleration in the browser and then playing a video on YouTube.
You can disable hardware acceleration in both Chrome and Firefox.
6. Check for add-ons and extensions
Please make sure the add-ons and extensions you have installed do not cause problems. Turn them all off and check that the video is playing.
YouTube usually does not cause problems. That said, sometimes these errors appear due to network problems. If you are using a VPN, try turning it off and then playing a video. You can also try resetting the browser you use and the problem should go away.
The post How to fix audio renderer error: Try restarting your computer on YouTube first appearing on TechtricksNg.