A monitor usually has three types of ports; HDMI, DVI, and VGA. Laptops, on the other hand, are not always on one of these ports. Of course, some newer models may have a USB-C port which is a display port. MacBooks, in particular, have downgraded their thunderous ports due to USB-C ports.
With systems that do not have one of the three ports you find on a monitor, users have to purchase adapters to connect their displays. The converters are cheap or expensive, depending on what brand you get but for the most part, a simple removal will work.
DisplayPort to HDMI adapter not working
DisplayPort adapter is usually plug & play. This goes for most adapters but if you have an adapter that converts DisplayPort to several types of ports eg, HDMI, VGA, DVI, etc., you may need to turn it on if there is an On version. If it does not, it will work as soon as you connect it to your device (s).
If you are using a DisplayPort device to HDMI adapter, and it is not working, try the solutions below.
1. Disconnect and reconnect
The HDMI signal may not have been detected when you connected the cables to the adapter. In this case, follow these steps.
- Disconnect all cables from the adapter ie, the adapter should not be connected to your computer or monitor.
- Connect the HDMI cable to the monitor and then to the adapter.
- Connect the adapter for your computer.
- If you are ahead Windows 10, press Win + P.
- Select the Expand option.
2. Select HDMI input source
An adapter with the monitor or screen may not be found. In this case, you need to select the HDMI input source manually. This is done from the monitor options panel.
- look for buttons on the bezel or side of the monitor and press the record button.
- Select the entry source record.
- Select HDMI as a source of access.
3. Check adapter for compatibility
DisplayPort and HDMI are not compatible and this extends beyond just the shape and size of the port. Each port has its own technology and must have the adapter you are using able to convert the signal from DisplayPort to HDMI port.
This is where a sexual adapter might fail so make sure your adapter is able to turn on the signal.
4. Disconnect other cables
If your monitor has another one connected inlet cables ris, remove them. The monitor may be receiving multiple input signals and unable to display anything. Remove all cables that connect to ports that is not to be used.
Make sure the adapter is on securely connected to the HDMI port.
5. The circle power of everything
With signals, it is not always clear what is blocking them but a power circuit can help keep the adapter working.
- Turn on your computer off.
- Turn on your look off.
- Unplug do computers and your monitor.
- Wait a few minutes.
- Plug the monitor and system back in.
- Turn on your system on and connect it to the monitor through the transformer.
DisplayPorts are something new and are still mostly available on Apple computers. There is no problem with DisplayPort to uncommon HDMI converters but you will find that in most cases a power circuit will fix the problem.
The post How to set DisplayPort to a non-working HDMI adapter appears first on TechtricksNg.