If you have an Nvidia GPU or the onboard graphics card is an Nvidia card, your Nvidia Control Panel will be installed on Windows 10. The Nvidia Control Panel is an app that allows you to control how which graphics card works. . This is not a Windows 10 app but it may also be missing on your system.
Missing Nvidia Control Panel app
Nvidia Control panel app is not a stock Windows 10 app. It will only be available on your system if you have an Nvidia chip either as the GPU or as the main graphics card. Before you can fix the problem of the missing Nvidia Control Panel app, you need to make sure that you have an Nvidia chip installed on your system. There are two ways to do this.
- Open Device manager.
- Expand Display adapters.
- Take a look at the the name of the cracks listed under Display Adapters.
- If you see Nvidia in the name of at least one chip, the Nvidia Control Panel app should be present on your system
- Open Executive Manager.
- Go to Performance tab.
- Scroll down in the left column and select GPU 0 and then GPU 1 (in turn).
- In the pan on the right, look at the top right corner for making and modeling the graphics card.
- If you see Nvidia in the name, you should install the Nvidia Control Panel app on your system.
Get the Nvidia Control Panel app on Windows 10
The Nvidia Control Panel app usually installs automatically when drivers for the Nvidia chip are installed. If the app is missing, you can install it manually. Note the model of the Nvidia chip through the methods mentioned in the previous section and follow the steps below.
- In your web browser visit the Nvidia download page on the Nvidia official website.
- Select the output type, series, name, your Windows version (32-bit or 64-bit), select either Game Ready drivers (if you play a lot) or Studio Drivers (if you work with design and animation tools).
- Click on the Search button.
- Click on the Download button for the driver found.
- Run the downloaded file and install the drivers.
- Once installed, set it up restart the system.
- Right click on an empty space on the desktop and select Nvidia Control Panel from the context table.
Note: you can also open the Nvidia Control Panel via Windows scan.
If your graphics card is an Intel chip and you do not have a GPU, you will not be able to install the Nvidia Control Panel. Likewise, if you have an AMD chip like the GPU, you won’t be able to install Nvidia’s Control Panel either. The options you see in the Nvidia Control Panel app will vary depending on the chip model.
The post How to Install Nvidia Control Panel required on Windows 10 appeared first on TechtricksNg.