The PlayStation, like any other device, can cause problems. Some of these may be simple to fix eg, network error or cache error. Others may ask you to uninstall and reinstall a game. The platform also experiences more serious errors such as error CE-34788-0. This error indicates a problem with the firmware files.
Fix error CE-34788-0 PS4
The firmware on any device can be corrupted. This can happen if a device is not shut down properly, if the firmware is updated incorrectly, or if the device loses power. There can be other reasons why the firmware on PS4 is corrupted but anyway, this error code indicates problems with it. This can be fixed but you will be better off if you have a recent backup of your games.
PS4 hard reset
Hard reset can fix CE-34788-0 error. It will not update the default firmware files but it will be helpful if the damage of the files does not extend to the default files.
- Press and hold the power button on the console until it turns off.
- Disconnect the console from the power source.
- Wait 10-15 minutes.
- Reconnect the console to the power source.
- Wait for the LED to turn from white to orange.
- Turn on the console and the error should be gone.
Update PS4 firmware
If hard reset does not fix the error, you need to update the firmware. Since you cannot access the console, you need to manually update the console. No problem but you need to have computer and USB access to update the firmware. It is a good idea to use an external storage device to support your games at this point.
- On your computer, visit the PS4 Firmware page updated in browser.
- Download the latest version / firmware available.
- Connect the USB to your computer.
- Copy the firmware to USB.
- Disconnect the USB from the computer and connect it to the console.
- The console should be off.
- Press and hold the power button and release when you hear two beeps.
- Select Shoe to Safe Mode.
- Select System Update Software Option.
- Select Update from USB storage device.
- Select OK and the firmware will be updated.
- Once the update is complete, grab the console and the error will disappear.
The PS4 is no more prone to firmware problems than consoles or other devices. The truth is, problems with the firmware can occur. It is a good idea to back up everything in case you need to clean the console.
The post Revealed how to configure PS4 error code CE-34788-0 first on TechtricksNg.