Microsoft is not known as a hardware manufacturer. Most of its product offerings are software however, that is not true. Microsoft manufactures and sells hardware under the name. The Surface and the Surface Studio are two popular computers they make but they also make keyboards and mice.
Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center
Just as Logitech has a proprietary app for using the more sophisticated edge, Microsoft has its own app called Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center to configure its keyboard and mouse. The app is free. The real product is the keyboard and mouse you buy. The purpose of the app is to help you fix it.
Install Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center
The Microsoft Mouse Center and Keyboard are available to download on the Microsoft website.
- Visit the official download page for Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center.
- Select the language in which you use the app.
- Select the app based on the architecture of your system ie Windows 32-bit or 64-bit.
- Download the app and run the EXE to install it.
Use Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center
Once the Microsoft Mouse Center and Keyboard is installed, you can use it to manage your margins. Make sure you have it repaired and connected to your system.
- Open the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center app.
- Select the device you want to install eg mouse.
- Go to the Default Settings tab.
- Select the button either on the mouse or on the list of buttons.
- Choose how you want the button to work, ie what you want it to do.
- To set up app-specific tasks, go to the App-Specific Options button.
- Click the Add New button.
- Select the app to which you want to add mouse-specific action.
- Select a button to assign an action to it.
- Select one of the preset actions to assign to the button.
- You can also select specific keyboard shortlists to execute or record a macro to run at the click of a button.
The options you see in the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center app will vary depending on the device you are using e.g., some mouse functions have animated functions and others do not. If your mouse has one, you will be able to turn it on or off, or change the intensity.
The Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center app allows you to customize how your devices work and installs necessary drivers for them. It can change the behavior of buttons and keys that users do not normally find on a standard keyboard.
The post Demonstrate how to first install the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center on TechtricksNg.