News of Windows 11 fell earlier this year and its stable version has now arrived for consumers. The update is free. If you stay, you will be able to download the OS through Windows Update. If you can’t wait, you can force the update right now.
Install Windows 11
Microsoft distributes Windows 11 in the same way as Windows 10; there is a media creation tool. The media creator will load the Windows 11 ISO file and burn it to a USB drive connected to your system. You can also download the ISO file and use your favorite tool to burn it to USB.
How to download Windows 11
To download Windows 11, first decide how you want to burn it to USB. If you want to use the media creation tool, follow these steps.
- Visit the Windows 11 official download link in your browser.
- Click Download now under Windows 11 Media Installation.
- Run the media creation tool.
- Accept the end user agreement.
- Select the language editing and Windows that you want to download.
- Select the USB flash drive option.
- Connect the USB driver to your system.
- Click on Next and select the driver.
- Start the download.
- Once the download is complete, the ISO will be burned to USB.
Note: You may be running into an error when using the media creation tool because the servers are going to be under heavy load. You can try the ISO download method directly.
To download the ISO directly, follow these steps.
- Visit the Windows 11 official download link.
- Click Download now under Download Windows 11 disk image.
- Let the download to complete.
- Use a tool like Rufus to burn the ISO to a USB drive.
How to install Windows 11
If you want to upgrade Windows 10 to Windows 11, follow these steps.
- Boot to your Windows 10 desktop.
- Connect the Windows 11 USB to your system.
- Open File Explorer and go to This PC.
- Open the USB and run the Set Up file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to update the system.
To install Windows 11 on your Windows 10 system, make sure you have backed up all that is important and then follow these steps.
- Connect the Install Windows 11 USB to your system.
- Restart the system.
- Go to BIOS.
- Set the the first boot device to a USB disk.
- Restart the system.
- The boot the system from the USB disk.
- Choose a language and proceed with the installation.
Windows 11 compatibility check
We’ve covered an app to find out if your system is compatible with Windows 11 but there’s an official app from Microsoft that you can use. It is the Auxiliary tool update. You can download it from the official Windows 11 release page and run it on your system.
Windows 11 may take some time to download. It has just been released so that the servers are under more load than usual. One thing you should know is that Windows 11 is only 64-bit. There are no 32-bit versions and the OS does not install on a 32-bit system.
The post How to install Windows 11? first appeared on TechtricksNg.