Minecraft comes in two versions; the Java version and the Bedrock version. The footer version is available through the Microsoft Store on Windows 10. You do not need to sign in to use this version and when you sign in, your Microsoft account will work. With the Java version, you need to use your Minecraft account.
Minecraft and Mojang account
Minecraft Java never requires an account. Before Microsoft acquired Minecraft, users created a Minecraft account. These accounts had to be transferred to a Mojang account after Microsoft acquired it. On December 1, 2020, you will need a Microsoft account to purchase and play Minecraft. This means you can have a Mojang account if you purchased Minecraft Java a long time ago, or you can have a Microsoft account if you purchased the game after December 1, 2021.
Mojang account password reset
It’s easy to reset the password for your Mojang account as long as you have access to the email you used. enter your name for it.
- Visit the Mojang password reset page.
- Enter the email address you used to sign up for the account and click Request password reset.
- Open the email and click on the reset link.
- Create a new password and then use it to log in to Minecraft.
Reset Microsoft account password
Resetting the password for your Microsoft account is as easy as resetting the password to the Mojang account.
- Visit the Microsoft account page.
- Click the Sign In button.
- Enter your Microsoft Email / Account.
- Click Next.
- On the Password field, click Forget.
- Select an option to recover the password; authenticator app (if set up), email, or phone number.
- Enter the code that was sent to you and then create a new password for your account.
- Once the password is reset, you can use the account to log in to Minecraft.
Note: Once you have changed or reset the password to a Microsoft account, you will need to use the new password on all Windows 10 applications and systems where you will use it to register. in.
Minecraft accounts have gone through various stages; they used to be Minecraft accounts that worked with a username, then they came to a Mojang account and those accounts are linked to email. The username is not widely used when logging in. Finally, there are Microsoft accounts. Between all this, most users forget what they would sign up for Minecraft. If you can’t remember what type of account you had, check through your email for a soft copy of your Minecraft purchase and it will point you in the right direction.
The post Revealed how to reset a password in Minecraft first on TechtricksNg.