A4 is the standard paper size used for online documents and for printing but there are other page sizes that are very popular for people to print. They may not be as big as the A4 size that basically comes out to the same size as a notebook, but they are still in use.
Custom Google Docs page size
Google Docs allows users to resize the page for any document they create. To do so, follow these steps;
- Open the Google Doc document you want to resize.
- Go to File> Setup Page.
- In the window that opens, select the page direction.
- Open the Page size drop down.
- Select a page size and it will be embedded in the document.
The limitation of this method is that Google Docs only lists a handful of preset sizes. User cannot enter default page size. The pre-orders supported by Google Docs barely cover document sizes.
Custom page size in Google Docs
To set custom page size in Google Docs, you need to install add-ons. The add-on is free and gives users complete freedom to set page size to anything they want.
- Open any Google Docs file.
- Go to Add-ons> Get Add-ons.
- In the Add-ons Library, find and install Sizer Page.
- Allow add-on access to data on Google Docs.
- Once installed, go to Add-ons> Page Sizer> Set page size.
- In the window that opens, select the units in which you want to define the size (inches, millimeters, or dots).
- Enter the size you want in the width and height fields.
- Click Ok.
- The page will be resized.
This page size only applies to the current document. There is no option to change the default document size for all documents in Google Docs. If you share a Google Docs document that has the default page size, the custom page size will be saved for anyone viewing the document.
If you are going to use a custom page size in Google Docs, it is a good idea to set the size before you create the document. Once you have set a custom size, it is also a good idea to check the edges. The margins can be edited from File> Page Setup. The Page Sizer plugin does not have an option to manage the margins. Depending on the paper size you use for the document, it may be best to set margins before creating the default page size.
The post Reveal how to set a custom page size in Google Docs first on TechtricksNg.