There is no ‘off’ button on the laptop screen like a monitor. Your screen will sleep if the system is left idle for a long time but this happens after your OS enters its own sleep state. You cannot turn off laptop screen manually. To do that, you will need a third-party app.
Turn off the screen on laptop
If you want to turn off the laptop screen just because it is connected to an external monitor, you can switch the preview mode to an external screen only. The laptop screen will not show anything and will go black but will hold on.
To change the prediction method,
- Tap on Win + P keyboard shortcut.
- Select Second screen only from the panel that opens.
If you’re sure you want to turn off the screen, try one of the apps we’ve listed below. You should know that both the apps we have listed will turn off all system-connected monitors. This means if you have an external monitor connected to your laptop, the apps will turn off when they turn off the laptop screen.
1. Turn off the monitor
The Turn monitor app has a self-explanatory name. It is a very full featured app that offers all kinds of power management tools for the system.
- Download and install Turn Monitor off.
- Click inside the ‘Hot key for off the monitor range.
- Type the mixture mixture you want to use it to turn off the monitor / screen.
- Click Save.
- Use the main mix and yours the screen will turn off.
- To turn the screen back on, click with the mouse button or press a key on the keyboard.
BlackTop is an old bare app, not later on, that can turn off the screen.
- Download BlackTop from Softpedia.
- Run the app.
- Tap on the Keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Alt + B.
- The screen will turn off.
There are some scripts you can use to turn the screen off. They work but cause other problems eg, the screen may not turn on or the system may be pushed to hibernation mode. If you choose to use a script that you have found online, use it with caution.
The apps work even if you have music playing or Netflix. Your screen will turn. The music / media can turn off. It depends on the app you are using to play media. On that note, if you have an app that disables or disables sleep on your system, it can block one of those apps. Make sure you turn it off before turning off the screen.
The post Show how to turn off the laptop screen first on TechtricksNg.