You tried Windows 11. You don’t like Windows 11 and you want to go back to Windows 10. In terms of permission, if you had a real Windows 10 license when upgrading to Windows 11, you can always go back. To reduce the OS, it depends on how long you have been using Windows 11.
Install Windows 11
There are two ways you can uninstall Windows 11: you can restore it to Windows 10 or you can reboot Windows and reinstall Windows 10.
1. Roll back Windows 11 to Windows 10
If you want to switch back to Windows 10, you are limited by certain conditions;
- You need to install Windows 11 by updating Windows 10 ie Windows 11 should not be a clean install.
- You have upgraded to Windows 11 10 or less days.
- You did not delete the Windows.old folder in your Windows driver.
If you meet the above requirements, you can switch back to Windows 10 from Windows 11 by following these steps.
- Open the Configuration application with keyboard shortcut Win + I.
- go to System.
- Choose Recovery.
- Fo Recover Options, select Go Back.
- Follow the on-screen instructions for switching back to Windows 10.
Note: If this option is locked with the message ‘This option is no longer available on this PC’, you have been using Windows 11 for more than 10 days, you have the folder Delete Windows.old, or Reinstall Windows 11.
2. Fresh install Windows 10
If you are unable to switch back to Windows 10, you will need to reinstall Windows 11. Make sure you have your important files backed up before reinstalling Windows 10.
- Visit the Microsoft download page for Windows 10.
- Download the Windows 10 media creation tool.
- The machine ran the machine and select the Windows 10 version and language you want to use.
- Connect a USB that is at least 8GB to your system.
- Select the burn to USB option.
- Allow the device to download and burn Windows 10 to USB.
- Once the USB is ready, restart the system.
- Boot to your BIOS.
- Set the the first boot device to USB.
- Connect the Install Windows 10 USB to your system.
- Restart the system.
- On the installation screen, select the language for the OS.
- Select your Windows driver and format it (this will remove everything on the drive including all Windows 11 files).
- Once the format is ready, follow the on-screen steps to install Windows 10.
Note: Windows 10 can install in 20mins to 2 hours. It depends on your hardware.
Windows 11 does not have key features that the average user may want to upgrade but this is a new OS. If you’re buying a new laptop or desktop, buying with Windows 11 isn’t a bad idea. It’s mostly stable. If you’re coming from a Windows 10 system though, you may not like the changes in the OS, no matter how small.
The post Demonstrate how to first uninstall Windows 11 on TechtricksNg.