YouTube ads have become more common. Many years ago, many videos did not have ads but now you can see ads at the beginning and end of a video. Sometimes, if a video is ten minutes long, you will see an ad in the middle of the video or you will see two at the beginning. What’s worse is that not all of them can be skipped. YouTube has also started adding ads to videos even though the original upload didn’t add money to them. That’s not to say users are looking for ways to block these ads.
Adblock on YouTube [Chrome]
You can block ads on YouTube, even if you use Google ‘s own browser: Chrome. The trick is an extension. There are many adblocker extensions, some working and some not.
Adblock for Youtube
Adblock for Youtube is one of the most popular extensions for blocking ads on YouTube. It has over 10,000,000 users and this is a great testament.
- Install Adblock for Youtube from Chrome web store.
- The extension will require a number of different permissions.
- Play a video and it won’t show any ads.
Problems with YouTube blockers
YouTube blockers work well for most. YouTube actively does not try to block them and Google does not push these types of extensions from the Chrome web store either. You can count on one or more, or several types of these extensions to be always available in the Chrome Web store.
That said, streaming is sometimes stopped because of these extensions. If you suddenly find that YouTube videos are not playing after installing adblocker try the following.
- Delete other blockers you’ve installed in Chrome. It is best to use just one.
- Check if your anti-virus is blocking the extension and by doing so, it may be blocking YouTube as well. If you suspect that Windows Defender is to blame, you can prevent the extension folder from being scanned. The extension folder is in the Chrome folder in the AppData folder. Use the extension ID to identify its folder. The ID can be copied from the Chrome extension page.
- If the extension stops working randomly, you should disable and re-enable it.
- If the extension still does not work, uninstall and reinstall it.
YouTube ads have gotten out of control. The website has to make money and with the amount of video material uploaded to the site every day, it has to be said that the cost of the website has to be astronomical. The YouTube membership service was unsuccessful and Twitch was unable to hit it. Ads, so far, are the only way to go. That said, if you watch specific content creator videos frequently, disable adblock for their videos to support them.
The post How to use adblock on YouTube [Chrome] first appeared on TechtricksNg.