SmartTV and TV stick have become quite popular. Most streaming services have apps for SmartTV and TV sticks. Many apps make it easy to use a service to browse on the phone, Hulu, Netflix, or YouTube using a dedicated app on your smart TV or TV stick.
YouTube has the most dedicated app, if not all, smart TV platforms and TV sticks. It works great but you have to activate it before you can use the app.
Activate YouTube on Roku
To activate YouTube on Roku, you first need to make sure;
- Your Roku is connected and active.
- Your hold Connected to a wifi network And have access to the Internet.
- You have your Handheld remote for controlling Roku.
Once the above requirements are met, follow the steps below to activate Youtube on Roku.
- Go to Channel Store from your home screen.
- Add YouTube channel. You can find it in the ‘Top Free’ section.
- Once the channel is added, Go to it by selecting it from the home screen.
- Go to App settings Or, if you see a Sign in option, select it.
- Sign-in option will present a code. see to it. If you are going through the app’s settings, select the link with the TV code option.
- Visit this link, And Sign in with your YouTube (Google) account.
- Enter tv code You mentioned in step 5, and the YouTube app will be activated.
Activating YouTube on PlayStation 4
To activate YouTube on PlayStation 4 it has to be activated via a code. The code is given by the YouTube app on PS4 so make sure;
- Your PlayStation is connected to the Internet And you have a To navigate the controller arm.
- Its with you YouTube app installed
To activate the application;
- Open YouTube app On your PS4.
- Choose to ‘Sign in’ option.
- You will be shown A code on the sign on the screen.
- Note the code But do not exit the screen.
- Visit this link, And sign in with your YouTube / Google account.
- Enter the code PS4 YouTube Sign in screen.
- YouTube will be activated
Activate YouTube on Xbox One
PlayStation 4, like the Xbox One (and all other versions of the Xbox), is a dedicated YouTube app that you can download from the store. To activate it, follow the steps below;
- Open up YouTube app on your Xbox.
- left side, Click on the ‘Sign in’ option.
- You will see a code. Make a note of it.
- Visit this link, And sign in with your Google Account Which you use to sign in to YouTube.
- Enter code on this link, And YouTube will be activated on Xbox. If you are asked to give the application some permissions, then go ahead and do so.
Activate YouTube on Kodi
To activate YouTube on Kodi, make sure that you have installed it as an add-on from the Add-ons library. You can find it under video add-on.
- Open the YouTube add-on.
- Press Sign-in button / option.
- you will see A sign with a code.
- Note the code.
- Enter code here. If you are asked to sign in, sign in with the Google account you use for your YouTube account.
Activate YouTube on Apple TV
AppleTV offers users some options to login to their account, but we’re going to go with the code version here.
- Install YouTube app on your AppleTV From the App Store.
- Open the app on your TV.
- Select the sign-in option.
- You will see three different options for signing in. Choose the option to sign in with your web browser.
- you See a code on the screen. Make a note of it.
- Visit this link, And enter the code.
- YouTube will be activated on AppleTV.
Activate youtube on samsung tv
Activating YouTube on a Samsung TV is a simple process.
- Open up YouTube app on SamsungTV.
- In the left-hand column, Choose the Profile tab.
- Choose to Sign the button.
- You will be shown a code. Make a note of it.
- Visit this link Enter more code on your desktop browser.
- The YouTube app will be activated on your SamsungTV.
Activating YouTube on other / common smart TVs
If you’re using a SmartTV that we haven’t specifically covered, you can still activate the YouTube app for whatever you have. Make sure you have the YouTube app installed on your SmartTV and follow the steps below.
- Open the YouTube app on your smart TV.
- Look for, and Choose sign in option.
- The sign-in screen will show you a Long code of eight characters. Make a note of it.
- Visit this link, And enter the code.
- The YouTube app will be activated on your smart TV.
Why activate YouTube on Smart TV?
YouTube can be easily used without sign-in. None of the above listed devices exclude YouTube users at the point until they sign in. If you sign in, you can access content that you have purchased, such as, movies. And you can sync your watch history with a mobile device or desktop, which will make it easier to resume viewing content.
All devices mentioned in this article have one thing in common that an incredibly inconvenient device is used to interact with them such as a remote or controller. On some of these devices, the YouTube app has the option of signing in with your Google account and skipping the entire ‘activation’ process, but logging in with a remote or game controller is tedious. Entering a code from the screen on your desktop is very easy.
Activate YouTube using YouTube youtube.com/activate (Full Guide) appeared first on TechtricksNg.