Chrome has support for several profiles. What differentiates one profile from another is the Google account that is (or is not) linked to a profile.
Users can create and sync a new Chrome image with their Google account, or they can team up to add an account and keep everything local. What a user cannot do is create an anonymous image.
Rename Chrome profile
Chrome profile name is set when it is created and users cannot proceed without it. The data for each profile is kept separate so it is important that the name is so important.
While the name of an image is important, it is not set in stone. A profile name is an easy-to-use way for users to identify their profiles when switching between them. Chrome distributes numbers eg Profile1, Profile2, Profile3 etc to identify an image and its folder.
Yes this all means, you can change Chrome profile name.
- Open Chrome.
- Click on the image image at the top right.
- From the list of profiles, select the profile you want to rename. If the profile is current, you can skip steps 2 and 3.
- On the Chrome profile window, click on the more options button at the top right.
- Select Options.
- On the You and Google section at the top, click Chrome Name and Image.
- Click on the inside of the name range.
- Change / edit the name.
- go back or close your browser window.
- Restart Chrome.
- The profile name will be updated.
Change Chrome profile picture
While the above option says it will allow you to change the Chrome profile picture, it will do so in a limited way. You can select an image from pre-orders but you cannot select an image from your desktop.
To set a custom profile picture in Chrome;
- sign in to your Gmail account.
- Change the Image Gmail account profile to the one you want to use in Chrome.
- Open Chrome.
- go to Chrome Options.
- If so synchronization tha Air, turn it off.
- Once the sync is turned off, turn it on again.
- The profile picture will be updated immediately.
Note: If you do not enable Chrome sync on Chrome, you will not be able to set a custom profile picture. Sometimes the new profile picture takes a while to sync to Chrome.
Chrome, for some reason, doesn’t offer much in terms of profile customization. It is a browser so there is not much of a profile that a user will want to maintain but it is still very limited.
The post Revealed how to change Chrome profile name first on TechtricksNg.