The iPad, ever since it moved away from iOS and started running iPadOS has moved towards supporting better multitasking on the device. If you look at how the device behaved in its early years and compare it to the current features, it is obvious that the features of the device were built around how users use it. practice.
Among the many multitasking features added in iPadOS, there is a feature to crush two apps side by side. The third app can be used via Slide Over. IPadOS has removed many of the restrictions that apps were subject to in older versions of iOS.
Multiple Chrome windows on iPad
Chrome has only recently added multi-window support for its iPad version. That means, to open multiple Chrome windows on the iPad, you need to update the app to version 87.
Once you have updated Chrome, follow the steps below to open several Chrome windows.
- Open Chrome on your iPad.
- Tap on the more options button at the top right.
- Tap on it New window.
- The a new window will open and will pinned the next thing to the current one.
- Repeat for so many windows as you would like to open.
Links open in new window
If you are using Chrome and want to open a link in a new window, you can do so without going through the Chrome tab.
- Navigate to a linked web page.
- Press and hold on the link.
- From the menu, select Open in New Window.
- If you do not have another window, the link in a a new window to be crushed next to the current one.
- If you already have two Chrome windows open, the a newly created separate window will open.
Close Chrome window
Chrome windows do not have a close button and unlike the desktop version of the app, not all tabs in the Chrome window will close the window itself.
To close the Chrome window, follow these steps.
- On your iPad, swipe up from the lower edge of the screen and stop at the instead.
- You can see the switcher app.
- The switcher will show the app all Chrome windows that are open.
- Flick away the window you want to close.
Note: if you have two Chrome windows pin side by side, remove one window and then close it from the app switcher.
If your iPad model is one that has a home button, you can double-click to check the app’s switcher.
The post Revealed how to open multiple Chrome windows on iPad first on TechtricksNg.