Shortcuts are short workflows created and used with the shortcut app on iOS. They can be quite capable but they are essentially short instructions that are sent to your phone and its various applications and services. Shortcuts are, in the simplest terms, scripts that you can run on an iPhone.
Save iPhone Shortcut Offline
The shortcut app on iOS does not have a companion app on macOS, and it is certainly not the one on Windows 10. If you want to save an iPhone shortcut offline, you must install a shortcut to work.
- On your iPhone, Visit this link.
- Shortcut app will open (You can ask for permission soon).
- Scroll to the bottom, and Tap on ‘Add untrusted shortcut’.
- Once you add the shortcut, Go to the My Shortcut tab.
- Tap ‘Save the shortcut .shortcut to run it.
- You’ll see List of all shortcuts in your gallery. Tap the one you want to save.
- Once the shortcut file is created, Tap the share button at the top right.
- Select any method; Chat apps, mail, airdrops, cloud drives, etc., and send shortcuts to yourself.
- Download shortcut From where it was sent / uploaded.
Note: This method can be used for shortcuts that are installed from the gallery, and for shortcuts from untrusted sources.
Import .shortcut file
The .shortcut file cannot be imported directly, if you place this file in the file application or in Google Drive, you will not be able to import it. This does not mean that it is useless. To import it, simply upload the file to iCloud. Access the link to the iCloud file on your iPhone, and import the shortcut.
You should know that some shortcuts may not work if iOS has gone through multiple updates or if Apple has changed what the shortcuts are allowed to do. This does not mean that there is anything wrong with the file, just that it is not compatible with the current iOS version. Shortcuts are also updated so that you can save the latest version of the shortcut.
Shortcuts have been a good practice with iOS users, but they are not something that the average iPhone user can create themselves. Most people rely on others to create a shortcut that they need. This is exactly why users look for ways to return them. It is strange that Apple has not added the option to backup the shortcut within the shortcut app itself. If you regularly back up your iPhone (and you should), the shortcuts are saved in the backup and will restore them as well as restore one.
The post How to save iPhone shortcut offline appeared first on TechtricksNg