Many video conferencing tools aim to provide users with a simple UI that allows them to easily create or merge meetings. Each online conferencing platform goes around in its own way but it is usually an easy process.
While creating or attending a meeting is simple, managing audio and video for it can be a problem. If the audio on your system is not set up properly, you have a firewall that can block audio streams, or if your app cannot connect to the device, you will not be able to speak or hear other people at a meeting.
Fix Google Meet microphone not working
If you are not working after going to a Google Meet meeting, there are a few things you can do to fix the problem. Go through everything below to get the mic working.
1. Mic check
We need to first check if the mic works in other apps. The easiest way to do this is to open a voice recording app. Windows 10 has a stock app called Voice Recorder. Launch it and talk into the son. If you can record your voice, the mic works. If you can’t record your voice ie the mic won’t be found, you need to fix it before you can go to a meeting.
On macOS, use the Voice Memo app to run the mic scan.
2. Check audio input device
Windows 10 and macOS allow users to connect multiple audio devices, and switch between them when needed. That said, you can’t use two devices at the same time. You have to choose one. Make sure your son is set as the default audio access device.
Air Windows 10;
- Open Control Panel.
- go to Hardware and sound> Sound.
- Go to Registration tab.
- Right click on your son and select Set as default tool.
- Right-click again, and select Set as a default communication tool.
- Click OK and test their son again.
- Open System Preferences.
- go to Sound.
- Select the Input button.
- Choose the son you want to use.
- Test the son again.
3. Check out sons in Google Meet
Google Meet allows users to select which mic to use.
- Join a Google Meet.
- Click on the more choices (three dots) button and select Settings from the menu.
- Open the drop mic and select the mic you want to use.
4. Check browser permission
Make sure the browser you are using has access to the meeting on the mic. Also, make sure that the Google Meet website has permission to use their son.
- Visit him Meet Google.
- If you use Chrome, click the gray icon in the URL bar and select Leave for their sons.
- If you use Firefox;
- Enter this in the place bar:
- Click Situations next to Mic.
- Use the search bar to looking for the
- If you can’t find it, exit and join your Google Meet meeting and the the browser will prompt you for permission.
- Enter this in the place bar:
5. Check the status of mic mute / unmute
A guest can give you an appointment. You can also mute yourself. Make sure your sons are on it. If you think the guest has deceived you, send them a message and confirm.
Google Meet works in the browser so that for your son to work, you should be able to use it in a modern browser of your choice. If you are having mic problems, check out these tips for repairing mic on Windows 10.
The post How to fix Google Meet microphone not working appeared first on TechtricksNg.