Online meeting tools allow users to make audio and / or video calls. It has become a basic feature but many devices recognize that users may need to share their screen or display a slideshow. The display is slightly different from screen splitting as the presenter needs to be able to see the display they are displaying and the meeting may need to go into the background.
Present on Google Meet
There are two ways to showcase Google Meet; screen sharing, or the current feature. The current feature allows you to display from Google Slides. It puts the meeting on the back and allows you to display it easily.
The screen sharing option allows you to display a file from the desktop but you switch between the meeting and the file. It makes for a less convenient presentation experience.
Present on Google Meet – Google Slides
Before you can showcase it on Google Meet using Google Slides, you need to make sure you have done the following.
- You are using Chrome to come to the meeting.
- Your presentation has been uploaded to Google Slides.
- Make sure the presentation looks correct in Google Slides.
- Open the display in a separate tab.
You are now ready to start a presentation on Google Meet. You can present the second one you come to a meeting but we do not recommend the approach.
- Come with Google Meet.
- Click on the split screen button.
- Choose Present from the table.
- Select the Google Slides tab the exhibition is open.
- Once you move to display tab, click Present at the top right.
Present on Google Meet – Screen Sharing
You can share a presentation (PPTX or MAIN) from the desktop.
- Open the presentation file that you want to show it.
- Join a Google Meet.
- Click on the share the screen button at the bottom.
- Select the window option from the table.
- Select the application / file window.
- Switch to full screen in the file.
Google Meet has an option to display files but it only works well if you use Chrome and Google Slides. Google Slides will be able to import most presentation formats (PDF, PPT, PPTX, and MAIN) so while the presentation feature is less flexible, you will be able to use it for the most of the files. All you have to do is remember to upload the file before the meeting starts. As for the Google Meet mobile apps, it is not possible to make a presentation. Screen sharing works in the mobile apps but you display the screen of your device or other app that you have open in it.
The post How to Present on Google Meet appeared first on TechtricksNg.