Video conferencing devices are not the same as video calling devices. Conference tools are built to serve. multi-user in one meeting and are far more complex than group video or audio calling. So while you will find many free video conferencing tools, they all have some limitation for free users.
Google Meet timeout
Google Meet is free to use however, free users are limited by the length of their meeting.
- A. Google Meet user for free you can have a meeting that 60 minutes or less ie, your appointment or call may last for an hour. It will end automatically after an hour and you will need to start a new meeting.
- This applies to meetings with 3 or more participants.
- If you have been making longer calls ie, calls longer than 60 minutes this year, that is because Google once took the time for free users.
- The will be completed on June 28, 2021 unless Google decides to expand it again.
- For Google Meet Free Users one-on-one calls can be so long 24 hours.
Meet Google: Make calls longer
Google Meet advertises longer calls. You can make calls for up to 24 hours however, this time limit requires a paid account with the meeting guest.
There are two different paid accounts that you can purchase;
- Google Workplace Requirements: $ 8 / user / month
- Google Workplace Campaign: Contact Google for prices
Google Meet paid plans also increase the number of participants you can have in one call from 100 to 150 (Essential Workplace) to 250 (Workplace Initiative).
Google Meet users also get other features including more storage space in their Google Drive (10-100GB per user). For Workplace Enterprise users, there is also a live streaming option available which means you can go live through Google Meet instead of using social media.
Other video conferencing equipment
If you’re wondering how Google Meet stacks up against other free video conferencing devices, or devices that offer free choice along with its paid users, we’ve got you covered.
Google Meet vs Zoom: Free Google Meet users can have 60 minute meetings and Zoom users can have 40 minute free meetings.
Google Meet vs Microsoft Teams: Both Google Meet are free and Microsoft Teams are free with a 60 minute time limit for free users however, Microsoft Teams are much harder to set up.
The Google Meet deadline may not look good enough in some cases e.g., if you are holding a class but this is the minimum in terms of free devices. Even compared to paid plans for Zoom, Google Meet is emerging.
The post The time Google Meet for a meeting first appeared on TechtricksNg.