The Windows 10 system has different ways to keep the system cool. If a system heats up, shut down, or take protective measures to reduce the temperature.
The CPU is one part that is prone to overheating and can be damaged by high temperatures. On Windows 10, if the CPU overheats, or the temperature in the chassis rises to a level that is dangerous for hardware, the system either shuts down or crashes. CPU power to reduce the temperature.
CPU throttling to reduce temperature
The more intense a CPU works, the more processes it runs at the same time, the more power it uses, and the hotter it runs. CPU can get hot to some extent but if it goes up beyond a certain place, it needs to cool down one way or the other to prevent permanent damage to the hardware.
Windows 10 usually powers the CPU if it is heating up. This of course means that tasks will take longer to complete, your system may freeze, and everything will be slow.
Check out CPU throttling on Windows 10
If you suspect that the CPU is truncated, you can check it by monitoring the CPU usage. On Windows 10, you can do this with the Resource Monitor tool, or you can use a third-party CPU monitoring tool for the job.
CPU Throttling – Resource analysis
- Tap on the Keyboard shortcut Win + R. to open the run box.
- In the run box, insert:
perfmon.exe /resand tap on the Enter key.
- Use your system as you normally do.
- The Maximum frequency value showing the current CPU power consumption.
- If the value does not go beyond a certain point, it means the CPU is trotting.
CPU Throttling HWiNFO
CPU thrust occurs when the CPU heats up. If your system is cool, the CPU will run to its full potential without being trotted so it is the temperature you want to check.
If a CPU is overheating, it is going to be trotted.
- Download a free app called HWiNFO, and ran it.
- Select ‘Sensors Only’ and click Run.
- Scroll down to DTS section for your processor.
- Pay attention to temperature; if the CPU is too hot, the app will show the temperature in red.
- If the CPU is running too hot, it will be smeared.
Prevent CPU thrust
You can prevent CPU from keeping your system cool. There is no way to turn it off, and even if it did, we would not recommend using it.
- Keep your system in a well-ventilated area and make sure air can flow in and out.
- Apply thermal dough or fan to keep cool.
- Make sure the chassis is clean ie, there is no dust build up.
- Make sure the fans are working properly.
- Your CPU may be battery powered so try to stay connected to a power source.
- Avoid overclocking the CPU.
Your CPU may also overheat due to hardware issues. If you suspect that this may be due to a hardware component, please check. Some users have reported that turning off Intel SpeedStep in their BIOS has fixed a CPU that is too hot.
The post Revealed how to check CPU throttling on Windows 10 appeared first on TechtricksNg.