A large portion of the Discord store is made up of gamers. Discord tools, not to mention its servers, are extremely useful for gamers but the app also includes apps and services that gamers tend to use; Twitch, YouTube, Battle.net, Steam, and more.
Many Discord users either stream gameplay to Twitch, or watch a gameplay on Twitch. In all cases, it is useful to link a Twitch account to Discord.
Connect Twitch to Discord
You can connect Twitch to Discord from the browser, or from the Discord desktop app. The process is pretty much the same. We’re going to go over how to connect Twitch to Discord from the desktop though, the Twitch link will be established in your browser.
- Open the Discord app on your desktop.
- sign in to Discord.
- Click on the cogwheel button at the bottom left of the column on the left.
- on the User Preferences Screen, go to Links tab.
- Click on the Twitch image.
- Open your browser to Twitch sign on the page.
- Sign in to your Twitch account (hint: use your username).
- Twitch authorization to connect to Discord.
- Return to Twitch and be connected to Discord.
Disconnect Twitch from Discord
To disconnect Twitch from Discord, follow these steps.
- Open Discord on your desktop.
- Click on the cogwheel image at the bottom left of the left column.
- on the User Preferences Screen, go to Tab attached.
- Click on the close button at the very top of the Twitch card.
- Confirm that you want to disconnect the account and will be removed.
The above will only disconnect Twitch from the Discord app however, Discord is still connected to Twitch and that is the second connection you need to filter.
- Visit Twitch in your browser.
- sign in to your Twitch account.
- Click on your image image at the top right and select Settings from the table.
- Go to Tab links.
- Scroll down and click Disconnect next to Discord.
When you connect Twitch to Discord, users will see that your account is connected but you can disable it from the user settings. There is a version under Twitch in the Links tab that allows you to hide your Twitch account from others on Discord. If you want to stream to Twitch, you will be able to do so from Discord reboot directly however, most users prefer to use OBS and that needs to be set up first .
The post How to Connect Twitch to Discord appeared first on TechtricksNg.