AMD is one of two popular manufacturers of GPU chips. You will find that Nvidia chips are more common but AMD comes in second place.
AMD GPUs, like any other type of hardware, need drivers and if you want to keep your system and games running smoothly, you should keep the AMD drivers up to date.
Download and install AMD driver update
AMD drivers, like other driver updates, can be delivered through Windows Updates. The only problem with Windows Updates is that new driver updates often arrive late. If you want to get the latest driver updates for AMD, there are a few things you can try.
1. AMD driver updates Windows updates
If a driver update for your AMD GPU has been pushed to Windows Updates, installing it via Windows Updates is the best course of action.
- Open the Options app (Keyboard shortcut Win + I).
- go to Update & Security.
- Select the Windows Update Tab.
- Click Check for updates.
- Install driver updates available (may be subject to optional updates).
- Restart your system.
2. AMD driver update – Device manager
You can check online for AMD driver updates through Device Manager.
- Open Device manager.
- Expand Display changes.
- Right click on the AMD chip and select Driver Update.
- Search online for driver updates.
- Install the updates available.
- Restart the system.
3. AMD driver detection facility
AMD has a desktop app to manage their GPUs. This app can detect the driver version of your system, check if a new one is available, and download and install it.
- Visit the AMD official website and download the Auto-Detect and Install updates for Radeon Graphics and Ryzen Chipset Drivers for Windows app.
- Run the app and will find and download the available drivers.
4. Download and install AMD drivers manually
You can manually install drivers for the AMD chip. You do not need to install a driver detection utility.
- Visit the AMD official website and download the Windows 10 drivers.
- Run the EXE file downloaded.
- The app will find hardware on your system and install drivers for it.
- Restart the system to complete the installation.
AMD drivers are as easy, or as hard, to install as any other driver. In some cases, Windows 10 may block an update if it thinks your hardware is not ready for it. It is known to have done this in the past but it is easy to get around by installing the driver manually. Make sure you also update Windows 10 so that it runs smoothly with the updated driver.
The post Revealed how you could download and install the AMD driver update first on TechtricksNg.