All user-installed operating systems have a standard web browser. The default browser handles all web calls eg, if you click on a link shared over Skype, it will open in your default browser.
The default browser can be changed at any time and nothing stops you from running other browsers alongside it. The only difference is that web calls are sent to the default browser unless you manually enter them into another one.
If you need to use multiple browsers and don’t want to add everything to the default browser, you need to enable dynamic browser selection.
Choose a dynamic browser on Windows 10
Dynamic browser selection allows users to pick and choose which browser will be used to open a link. Instead of automatically sending a web call to the default browser, you will be prompted to select one of the browsers installed on your Windows 10 system.
Dynamic browser selection is not a stock feature of Windows 10. To get it, you need to install an app called BrowserSelector.
- Download and install BrowserSelector from the Microsoft Store.
- Run the app and click on ‘Settings’.
- Click on the make a default browser button.
- Accept the UAC promptly.
- Open the Options app (Keyboard shortcut Win + I).
- go to Apps> basic app.
- Click Web browser and select BrowserSelector.
Add browsers to BrowserSelector
Now that BrowserSelector is installed and set as the default browser, you can add browsers. These browsers are listed as options to open a link.
- Open BrowserSelector.
- Click Add at the bottom.
- Choose Installed browsers.
- Choose an installed browser from the list.
- Repeat until you have added all the browsers you use most often.
Dynamic browser selection
To use BrowserSelector to select a browser for each connection, follow these steps.
- Click on the link you want to open.
- A. a pop-up will appear indicates the link to be opened.
- Select the browser you want to open the link.
Users usually stick to one browser but not all browsers are the same and some work better than others for specific tasks. BrowserSelection can open a browser if it is not already open and then open a link in it. It takes a little longer to open a browser but other than that, the app works non-stop.
If you’re looking for something similar to macOS, we recommend using Browserasaurous which does the same thing but is a bit rough around the edges.
To restore the system to using only one default browser, change the browser from the Settings app and uninstall BrowserSelector.
The post How to Allow Dynamic Browser Selection on Windows 10 appeared first on TechtricksNg.