The AMD Catalyst Control Center is an almost essential app that is installed if your system has an AMD graphics card. The chip may be the onboard graphics card or it may be the GPU but the app will be installed when the latest graphics driver is installed.
AMD’s Catalyst Control Center allows you to customize how the GPU works and how it handles specific applications. You can also use it to customize the color image of your monitor, among other things.
The AMD Catalist Control Center will not open
AMD’s Catalyst Control Center is a complex but stable app. If it is not installed automatically, you can install the app manually. You can access the AMD Catalyst Control Center by right-clicking on an empty space on the desktop. The context menu lists the AMD Catalyst Control Center and you click it to open it.
If you click on the AMD Catalist Control Center but do not open it, try the solutions below.
Run from the installation directory
AMD’s Catalist Control Center is an app and like any other app, it can be run from its installation directory. The trick is to know where the app is installed.
- Open File Explorer.
- Navigate to the following place (s).
C:AMD C:Program FilesAMD C:Program Files (86)AMD
- Run the EXE file. It can be in any of the above places so check them all out.
Update graphics drivers
Try updating the graphics drivers. If the drivers are not updated, the app may not open.
- Open Device manager.
- Expand Display adapters.
- R.ight-click on the AMD chip and select Update driver.
- Search online for drivers and install the available ones.
- Restart the system.
Install Windows 10 updates
If Windows 10 is not updated, it can cause many kinds of problems such as apps not working properly.
- Open the Configuration application with keyboard shortcut Win + I.
- go to Update and security.
- Select the Windows Update Tab.
- Click Check for updates.
- Install available updates and restart the system.
Complete the processes of the AMD Catalist Control Center
It is possible that you are running one too many AMD Catalist Control Center processes. Normally the app can only run one instance and several settings will prevent the app from running.
- Right-click on the taskbar and select Executive Manager from the context menu.
- Select the AMD Catalyst Control Center Process and click Complete the task at the bottom.
- Repeat for all processes AMD Catalist Control Center.
- Open AMD Catalyst Control Center.
Run SFC scan
AMD’s Catalist Control Center may be corrupted or there may be something wrong with Windows 10 that prevents the app from running.
- Open C.ommand Prompt with admin rights.
- Run this command: sfc / scanow.
- Allow the command to run and repair files.
- Restart the system and open the AMD Catalist Control Center.
Install and restore the AMD Catalyst Control Center
The AMD Catalyst Control Center may be corrupt. This is an easy problem to fix as the app can be downloaded directly from the AMD website.
- Open Control Panel.
- go to Programs> Enter a program.
- Choose AMD Catalyst Control Center.
- Click on the Change button at the top.
- Click Next and select the Option without installation.
- Restart the system after the app has been installed.
- Download the AMD Catalyst Control Center from AMD official website and install it.
AMD Catalyst Control Center errors are persistent
AMD Catalist Control Center is not an unstable app but problems with Windows 10 may cause problems with it. If all else fails, reinstalling the app will fix issues with it.
The post How to Fix AMD Open Catalist Control Center in Windows 10 did not first appear on TechtricksNg.