Windows 10 does not support installing multiple apps at once. You can install one app after another but you can’t run multiple installers at the same time.
This is because when an app is installed, it creates instructions and writes to the registry. The process cannot be stopped or run in parallel with another similar process. The chances of error would be far too great.
Error “Installing another program”
If you are trying to install an app on Windows 10, and you see the program ‘Another program is being installed… Installation error’ it may mean one of the following;
- An app actively installing and the installation is not complete
- An app being updated, installed or repaired
- The installation is complete but the the installer itself did not stop
- The an installer was run but the process did not start
- An installer preparing to install app
- The installation is complete but a system restart is imminent
How to configure Another program is being installed
Whatever the reason for the error, you can run through the following solutions and fix it.
1. Wait for the installation to complete
Many apps display an on-screen progress bar as they go through the various installation steps however, not all of them do. Some apps, especially those that install additional libraries, may silently perform in the background. If you see another program installing it… Installation error, wait at least fifteen minutes to complete the installation, then try installing a second app.
2. Cancel the installation manually
If the installation of the app is not complete after waiting a reasonable time, you can manually ignore it. You should be aware that the app may not install properly or at all.
- Right-click on the taskbar and select Task Manager from the context table.
- Go to Process tabs.
- Look for the process installer / EXE / MSI and select it.
- Click on the Complete the task button at the bottom right.
3. Disable installation media
Try to remove any installation media that you have connected to the system eg, DVD, CD, or USB drive. Doing this may stop the installation process but allow you to install a second app.
4. Restart the system
If all else fails, you can restart the system. When the system restarts, it will stop the continuous processes and will not run again when you reboot.
5. Run a virus scan
The app you are trying to install may be malicious and one reason its installation may not complete, or why it is preventing other apps from installing. Run a virus scan with Windows Defender.
- Open Windows Defender.
- Go to Virus and threat protection tab.
- Click Scanning options.
- Click Scan now.
- Scan the entire system and eradicate any detected diseases.
Note: It is also useful to scan your system with the free version of MalwareBytes.
If you have an app that never completes the installation, it may be corrupted. You can try downloading it again and running the installer but there is a good chance that there is a problem with the installer itself. In this case, there is not much you can do. Find an alternative to the app and uninstall any part of the app that may have been installed.
The post How to “Another program is being installed” Installation error on Windows 10 appeared first on TechtricksNg.