Bluetooth headsets come with and without built-in mics. Just like a wired headset with a mic, a Bluetooth headset mic will work once the device is connected.
Bluetooth devices are usually set up in the same way and if a device has a mic, it will automatically register as an access device that you can use immediately. In some cases, however, when you have multiple devices, the Bluetooth headset mic may not be recognized.
Bluetooth headset mic is not recognized
If you have connected a Bluetooth headset with a mic to your Windows 10 PC but the mic is not found, you can try a few simple things to solve the problem.
Before you start: it is a good idea to update and pair the Bluetooth headphones at least once to see if the mic starts working.
1. Select an audio device
A Bluetooth device can appear twice; once as a Bluetooth headset, and once as a Bluetooth speaker. You need to choose the right tool for the mic to work.
- Connect your Bluetooth headsets for your Windows 10 system.
- Click on the speaker image in the system tray.
- Click on the drop down arrow to check the list of devices.
- Select the device that either handless device or the like.
2. Enable Bluetooth device services
Bluetooth headset mic may not be turned on. This is a setting that needs to be enabled on Windows 10 and has nothing to do with the Bluetooth device itself.
- Connect the Bluetooth headset to your Windows 10.
- Open the Control Panel.
- go to Hardware & sound> Tools and printers.
- Right click on the Bluetooth device and select real estate from the context table.
- Go to Services tab.
- Enable all services.
- Click OK and the sons will begin to work.
3. Set up Bluetooth services automatically
For it to work, Bluetooth requires a few services to run on your system. These services run if Bluetooth is on but the service may need to be set to run automatically.
- Tap on the Keyboard shortcut Win + R. to open the run box.
- In the run box, apply
- Look through the list of services and find all Bluetooth services.
- Double-click each service, one-on-one.
- Select automatic from the Startup type dropup.
- Click All right.
4. Set as a communication device
The Bluetooth set may not be set as a communication device. The mic itself may work fine but apps on your system don’t seem to be using it.
- Connect the Bluetooth headset for your Windows 10 system.
- Right-click on the speaker icon in the tray of their system.
- Choose Sounds.
- go to Registration tab.
- Right click on the Bluetooth headset and select ‘Set as default communication tool’.
- Click Submit and the sons will begin to work.
Bluetooth headsets do not always work the same way when connected. Sometimes this is due to the fact that the device itself is generic and other times, Windows 10 does not respond as it should. If the mic doesn’t work, the solutions above will fix it.
The post Revealed how to fix unrecognized Bluetooth headset mic with Windows 10 appeared first on TechtricksNg.