Windows 10 runs a lot of different services under the hood. These services are responsible for the working features of the OS. In addition to services, Windows 10 also runs processes that support applications running on your system. These processes often provide functionality that other apps can integrate and use.
What are CTF loads?
If you go to the Processes tab in Task Manager, you process CTF loads running. The process is often misdirected on Offie apps but if you open the process at its source, you will find that it is the main process of Windows 10.
The CTF process supports handwriting and speech recognition services on Windows 10. This is used by native features on Windows 10 eg, with Cortana, and is used by apps on Windows 10 eg Microsoft 365 apps .
If you do not have Microsoft 365 apps installed on your system, this process may run because Cortana uses it like the Windows 10 handwriting panel.
Please fix the Windows 10 CTF Loader issues
CTF loads are not a resource hungry process but problems with the process or the applications that use it may cause its memory or CPU usage to go up beyond normal. The process may also crash or, if it has not started, prevent other apps from working.
1. Update Windows 10
The CTF Loader process may be using a lot of memory or CPU due to a problem with other Windows 10 services. However, these problems are difficult to identify, checking for and installing Windows updates can be a frequent solution.
- Open the Configuration app with keyboard shortcut Win + I.
- go to Update & Security.
- Select the Windows Update tab and click Check for updates.
- Install updates available and restart the system.
2. Restore Windows 10 update
Windows 10 updates can cause problems as much as they can solve them as well. If you have noticed an increase in CPU and memory usage with the CTF loading process after updating Windows 10, please revert or remove an update.
- Open Control Panel.
- go to Programs> Enter a program.
- In the left-hand column, select View installed updates.
- Select the latest update applied and click the Uninstall button at the top.
Note: Eventually you will need to upgrade your system. Check again next month after your Windows 10 patch was released on Tuesday and then check for and install updates. The problem with the update should be resolved.
3. Reduce process priority for CTF Loader
If a CTF loader uses too much memory or CPU, you can reduce the importance of the process on Windows 10 when it runs concurrently with other more important processes.
- Right-click on the taskbar and select Executive Manager from the context table.
- Go to Process tabs and select Load CTF from the list of running processes.
- Right click process and select Go to details.
- You move to Tab details with the CTF Loader process highlighted.
- Right click e and select Priority Set.
- Select the Low option.
4. Scanning system for malware
It is possible that a malicious application is causing CTF loaders to use more memory or CPU. In this case, it is better to run a full system scan.
- Open Windows Defender.
- go to Virus and threat protection.
- Click Scan options.
- Select the Full scanning option and click Scan now.
- Let the scan to be completed and eliminate all identified threats.
- You should too scan your system with the free version of Malwarebytes.
5. Install and reset apps
Problems with applications that use CTF loader can also cause problems with the process itself. In this case, try uninstalling and reinstalling the apps that may use this service e.g., you can uninstall and reinstall Cortana. Similarly, you can uninstall and reinstall Microsoft 365 apps and check if problems with CTF loads are fixed.
6. Turn off the CTF loader
CTF loaders can be disabled however, by doing so some scan bars will stop so use this only if you have no other choice. You should never attempt to delete the CTF Loader EXE file at any time. It will unbalance Windows 10.
- Open Promptly forward with administrative rights.
- Run the following commands to disable CTF Loader.
sc config "TabletInputService" start= disabled sc stop "TabletInputService"
CTF Loader doesn’t tell you why. That is why many users mistake it for viruses. It is safe but it is also an essential process on Windows 10.
You may be tempted to remove or delete it from your system because you do not use handwriting or speech recognition services but it does control many other parts of or connected to Windows 10.
If you are at the stage where you are ready to delete the service, create a new user account for yourself instead and you should not have problems with the CTF load service when you delete it. practice.
The post How to fix CTF Loader issues on Windows 10: What is CTF Loader? first appeared on TechtricksNg.