The growth of the Microsoft Store has not been popular and many popular apps are still far from it. App developers prefer to develop desktop apps because they allow the apps to do more.
One key benefit of installing the UWP app from the Microsoft Store is that its updates will be seedless and will come directly from the app store itself. Most importantly, they will replace updates, and automatically if the feature is enabled.
Give us a minute error on Windows 10
The Give us a minute error on Windows 10 appears when you open the Windows Store app by clicking the tile in the Start menu or apps list.
The whole error reads;
Give us a minute. We’re updating [app name]. It should be ready for re-use soon
If you see this error, please try the following.
1. Wait a few minutes
It is entirely possible that the app is being updated. There is nothing to worry about lturn off your system on, wake up, and not touch for a few minutes and let the app update.
Microsoft Store updates are not the fastest give the app a reasonable time to update ie, if the app is large in size, it needs longer to update.
2. Restart the system
While it has never been clearly stated if the UWP app needs to restart the system to complete the update, that may be the reason why the update is not complete and you continue to do so. see this error.
- Stay a reasonable amount of time to update the app.
- Shut down the system and install any upcoming updates.
- Restart the system, and launch the app.
3. Stop / Start Update from Microsoft Store
The update may not start in the Microsoft Store, in which case you should stop / start the update directly from it.
- Open the Microsoft Store App.
- Click on the more options button (three dots) next to your profile picture and select Downloads and updates.
- Click Get updates.
- Microsoft Store will get a list of available updates.
- Install the updates. Keep the Microsoft Store app open until the updates are complete.
- Open the app from the Start menu or the applications list.
4. Uninstalling / reinstalling app
If all else fails, you can uninstall and reinstall the app.
- Open the Start Menu / Apps list.
- Right click on the app and select Uninstall.
- Once submitted, reinstall the app from the Microsoft Store.
The “Give us a minute” error is not difficult to fix and is related to many of the shortcomings of the Microsoft Store app. Updates often get stopped as downloads take time and take time to start again.
The post How to get the startup error of the “Give us a minute” app on Windows 10 appeared first on TechtricksNg.