OpenBroadcaster Studio is one of those rare apps that is free, incredibly powerful, better than most of its paid peers, and reasonably easy to use. We are often recommended for various fixes and hacks because it is so powerful and works well with a large number of other apps.
OBS is a great app but it is a screen recording and broadcast app. These types of apps are prone to problems simply because they are so complex. If you were going to dig through OBS scenarios, you would then spend hours learning about features and things you can change.
Breaking OBS in Windows 10?
OBS runs into problems now and then; sometimes you get a black screen when you try to record and sometimes the app pops up when launched or midway when recording or broadcasting. Here are a few simple things you can try to fix.
Correct OBS Disaster Issues (Step by Step Guide)
1. Rollback to an older version
OBS updates regularly but not all updates work on all systems. Updating, no matter how small, may not work on all systems. This often needs to be related to the version of the OS, the drivers installed on the system, or even the other apps you are using OBS to be incompatible with the version new. The list is long and difficult to troubleshoot.
- Open Control Panel.
- go to Programs> Enter a program.
- Select OBSand click Uninstall.
- Download an older version of OBS from Github official page and install it.
2. Disable other screen recorders and redistribute
OBS usually works well with other apps that can record the screen but there will be exceptions depending on your system settings, configurations, and hardware capabilities.
- Turn off the Game Bar from the Settings app.
- Turn off the Nvidia Game replay.
- Disable gin other third-party replay: //www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/enable-discord-overlay-in-game/ that appears when you screen or when you run an app.
3. Reset graphics card setting
If you have a GPU on your system, you have the option to change and increase its settings so that your games run better. However, this can cause problems with OBS. Reset graphics card settings back to their default settings. If possible, reset your preferences to a different profile before resetting everything.
The reset process is different for different GPUs but for Nvidia GPUs, you can follow these steps.
- Open the Nvidia control panel.
- Go to Manage the 3D options tab.
- Click on the Refresh button.
- Restart the system.
For an Intel graphics card, follow these steps.
- Open the Intel Graphics Management Center.
- Go to Tab system.
- Click on the Return to the original options button.
- Restart the system.
4. Run OBS in compatibility mode
OBS is compatible with Windows 10 and has received several updates since the OS was released. That said, when the app doesn’t work, compatibility mode is often the fastest configuration.
- Create a desk short for OBS.
- Right-click next and select real estate from the context menu.
- Go to Compatibility tab.
- Enable ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for ‘.
- Choose Windows 7 from the fall.
- Click Enter and then OK.
- Use the shortcut to open OBS.
OBS Windows 10: Conclusion
If you have plugins installed by OBS, make sure they are up to date.
If a plugin update is not available you should run an older version of OBS with which the plugin works, find another plugin, or disable it.
The post How to Fix the OBS Crashing in Windows 10 (Full Guide) first appeared on TechtricksNg.