A printer is one of the most difficult margins to troubleshoot. They have become easy to install over the years with drivers installed automatically but drivers are only one part of the configuration process. You can install the correct drivers for a printer but it may not work properly yet.
Problems with printers arise in different ways; sometimes a printer appears offline even when turned on and off, other times printing operations stop in the printing queue, and sometimes the printer does not open. never enters the state ready for printing.
Printer attention required
Printer problems can be hidden; you have no idea what is wrong, or they could pass in the form of error messages on your screen.
If you are trying to print a document and you see an error ‘The printer needs your attention’, try the solutions below.
FIX (step by step): The printer needs your attention
1. Hardware inspection
A hardware check is the first thing you should do when you see an error ‘The printer needs your attention’. It usually means an open panel, missing or stuck paper, or something similar.
Check whether the printer itself lights a message or light to indicate a problem. If you are sure there is no paper leak, and you have not left a panel open, go over the printer manual and make sure it is set up properly. Try changing the port to which it is connected.
You would be surprised that the smallest things can cause problems. Run through these basic studies as well.
2. Check ink cartons
An error ‘Printer needs your attention’ is often shown when there is a problem with the ink cartons.
- Make sure the curtains are full / reasonably filled.
- Make sure the card is inserted correctly.
- Make sure you have the cover removed from the end of the card after installation.
- Make sure you use real cards.
- Some printers may display an error if you have refilled the cartridge. Replenishment can be blocked which is unfortunate but also how some printer manufacturers make money.
- Try turning out the cards for new / different ones.
3. Print a test page
Print a test page from the printer.
- Disconnect the printer from the system.
- Take a look at the printer for a button or check its manual for instructions on how to print a test page.
- If the non-print page, the problem is with the printer and not Windows 10.
- If the page prints, this problem is with Windows 10.
4. Run the printer troubleshooter
Run the Windows 10 troubleshooter for printers. If there is a problem with a printer related service, this is a problem that can be solved.
- Open the Configuration app with keyboard shortcut Win + I.
- go to Update & Security.
- Select the Troubled tab.
- Click Additional troublemakers.
- Select and run the printer problem.
- Enter all configurations that he praises.
4. Restart the spooler service
The printer spooler service is an essential service required to complete a printing job. If it stops or does not run properly, it can lead to an error ‘The printer needs your attention’.
- Click on the Keyboard shortcut Win + R. to open the run box.
- In the run box, apply
services.mscand tap on Enter.
- Look for the Print spooler service and right click on it.
- Select the Restart option.
- Disconnect the printer and reconnect.
- Try printing.
5. Uninstall and reinstall the printer
Printers usually install automatically but the installation can go wrong. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the printer to get the error ‘The printer needs to pay attention to you’.
- Open the Configuration application with the keyboard shortcut Win + I.
- Go to Tools.
- Select the Printers & Scanners tab.
- Select the printer and click Remove tool.
- When removed, disconnect the printer from the computer.
- Turn off the printer.
- Restart your Windows 10 system.
- Connect the printer again and let it install.
- Try printing.
Printer technology has not advanced as far as desktop printing. A printer runs into all sorts of problems but as long as the printer does not have hardware issues, you will be able to fix problems by installing and reinstalling it.
The post How to Fix Error “Essential Printer Attention” (Full Guide) first on TechtricksNg.