Windows 10 has an error reporting tool installed. If you open an app, and encounter a problem, you will see an error message of some sort. The message is usually descriptive enough to tell you what the problem is eg “code execution could not proceed MSVCP140.dll not found”. Not all error messages are as descriptive though and some are common enough that you will see the same message for several apps.
What is a WerFault.exe error?
A WerFault.exe error on Windows 10 will appear when you launch an app. This could happen when you open it for the first time after installation or after using the app for ages. This error may indicate that one or more Windows processes have crashed. The error may affect one app or it may prevent all apps from running.
Fix WerFault.exe error on Windows 10
Try the solutions below to correct the error.
1. Update graphics driver
For many users, this problem has been fixed by updating the graphics driver.
- Open Device manager.
- Expand Display adapters.
- Right click on your graphics drivers and select Update driver from the context table.
- Search online for drivers.
- Install available drivers and restart the system.
2. Run SFC scan
If there is a problem with the files or services on Windows 10, you may need to scan for damage and repair it.
- Open Promptly forward with administrative rights.
- Run this command:
- Let the scan to complete and repair files.
3. Run a memory diagnostic tool
The problem with Windows error reporting services can be fixed by running the memory diagnostic tool. This is a tool that is already present on Windows 10.
- Tap on the Win + R keyboard shortcut. to the running box.
- In the run box, apply
mdsched.exeand tap on the Enter key.
- Select the Restart now and check for troubleshooting option.
- Allow the machine to find and solve problems.
4. Disable Windows Error Reporting services for a period of time
If all else fails, you can temporarily disable Windows Error Reporting services and run apps. You should not leave the service disabled. When you are done working, check your system for errors or consider creating a new user account.
- Tap on the Shortcut Win + R keyboard to open the run box.
services.mscand tap on the Enter a key.
- look for windows error reporting services and double click on it.
- on the General tab, open the Dropup start type and select Disable.
- Click Submit and OK.
- Restart the system.
WerFault.exe is easy to repair
WerFault.exe error is often easy to fix. If it continues, try to restore recent updates or create a new user account. The error will not continue on the new account.
You have to switch to it and that can take some time but it’s easier than resetting your PC or reinstalling Windows 10.
The post How to Fix WerFault.exe Error on Windows 10 first appeared on TechtricksNg.