Microsoft offers users two ways to update Windows 10; Windows Updates and the Window 10 Update Assistant app.
Windows 10 update assistant
The Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant app is a standalone app that users can download from the official Microsoft website. It does two things; checking the system for compatibility issues, and downloading and installing the next version of Windows 10. If you do not want to wait for the update to be available through Windows Updates, you can usually you apply the update with the Update Assistant.
The Windows 10 update supporter needs to connect to Microsoft servers to download the next version of the OS. So, during the download and installation process, it can cause problems.
Please correct Windows 10 Update Help errors
If you are having trouble running the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant app, try the following.
- Quit the app. Restart the system, and run the application again.
- Please remove the app and download it again.
- Make sure you have at least 20GB of free space on your Windows drive.
- Run through our checklist to make sure your system is ready to update.
- Wait a day or two to refresh. Microsoft’s servers may be overloaded by overloaded users at the same time.
If you still can’t run the app, or if it stops half way, try the solutions below.
Resolve compatibility issues
The Update Assistant checks your system for compatibility issues. If you have hardware that does not receive driver updates, outdated drivers, or apps that block or block the update, get rid of them.
If there are compatibility issues that you cannot resolve eg, legacy hardware, you can force the update with the media creation tool.
Compatibility issues effectively hinder the upgrade.
Use the Media Creation tool
The Media Creation tool can also be used to upgrade to the next version of Windows 10 and does not run compatibility checks.
- Download Media Creation Tool (check for update for next release).
- Run the machine and select your default Windows 10 edition eg 64-bit Home.
- Burn the ISO to USB.
- Once the USB is created, open it and run the Setup.exe file inside it.
- Windows 10 performs update instead.
Please wait for the update
If you are unable to use the Update Support tool and the Media Creation tool has not been updated, you can wait for the update to be released via Windows Update. Updates are usually rolled out to all users after a month so the wait is less long.
The Windows 10 update assistant was originally intended for users upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7. The app was not stopped but is not really needed because Media Creation Tool works its just as good.
The post How to fix Windows 10 help errors update easily appeared first on TechtricksNg.