There are two different versions of Skype that can be installed on Windows 10; Skype and Skype for Business. Skype is a stock app on Windows 10, the normal, non-commercial version. Creating a Skype account for the non-business version is easy, but setting up Skype for Business is more complex.
Install skype for business
Skype for Business is currently called such, but it still runs on the name of some of the apps that Microsoft did earlier. To install Skype for Business you first have to understand which app you need to download.
1. Skype for Microsoft 365 Users
If you are a Microsoft 365 user, you will install Skype for Business through Skype for Microsoft 365 installer. Unfortunately, getting your hands on it is not the simplest. If you have a Microsoft 365 Enterprise license, you can download it.
- To tour Office online portal.
- sign in With you Microsoft 365 E3 / E5 Account.
- Select ‘Apps and devices’ From the left-hand column.
- under which Select Skype for Business, the language and version that matches your system.
- holiday The ‘version’ business is set to Skype for 2016.
- Click Install skype.
- Allow Download to complete.
- Run an executable file named “setupskypeforbusinessentryretail.x64.en-us_” or similar.
2. Skype for Office Users
Earlier versions of Office still work, ie, which were one-time purchases. They can also use Skype for Business, as they do not have access to the Microsoft 365 Admin Center or Office Portal, they must use a separate installer.
- go to This link In your browser.
- Select the language you want to use Skype for Business.
- Press Download button.
- Select the version you want to download Ie 32-bit or 64-bit.
- Click Next’.
- Once the download is complete, Run the executable.
Note: The name of the executable is not ‘Skype for Business’ nor is it named ‘Skype’. Its name is ‘Lync’, or similar after Microsoft Lync chat client that Microsoft has rebranded.
Sign in to Skype for Business
It is not possible to sign in to Skype for Business unless you have an enterprise license for Office or Microsoft 365. Modern Skype for Business apps indicate a user-specified domain that is required to set up an account that can be used to enter the service. You may be able to get your hands on an installer for Skype for Business but it will not be possible to sign in until you have a domain account set up.
When you sign in to Skype for Business, you can indicate that your organization is using Microsoft Teams. Click on the ‘Start Skype for Business’ button to go to Skype.
The post How to Install Skype for Business on Windows 10 appeared first on TechtricksNg