Windows 10 is not a large operating system. It requires 20GB of space when installed. All other disk space is taken up by other apps that you install and expect that.
Most disk storage is backed up by app installation files but many apps, and user activity tend to pick up junk files that need to be removed or fill your disk. The Download folder and the Recycle Bin are two examples of file vessels that need to be cleaned.
Disk cleaner on Windows 10
The Recycle Bin and Download folder are easy to clean but not all junk files are as easy to access, identify and delete. That’s why Windows 10 has a simple tool that can clean junk files called Disk Clean.
You can, and should, run the Disk Cleanup regularly and especially after updating Windows 10 to a newer version.
- Open File Explorer and go to This PC.
- King-click on driver C. (no Windows Driver) and select Real estate.
- on the General tab, click Disk cleaning.
- On the opening window, click ‘Clean up system files’.
- Select the items you want to delete.
- Click All right.
- Please confirm that you want to delete the files and disk cleaning will begin.
Note: deleted files cannot be restored. You can run disk cleanup for all the drivers on your system but the Windows driver is where you will be able to free up the most space.
Other disk cleaning facilities
You can also clean junk files, or files you no longer need from the Settings app where Windows 10 has another disk cleanup called Storage sense.
- Open the Options app (Keyboard shortcut Win + I).
- go to System> Storage.
- Click ‘Configure storage sense or run it now’.
- Choose where you want to go delete files from, and at what age they should be removed.
- Click Clean now fo Free place now.
There is no benefit in running the storage sensor cleaner after you run the Disk Cleanup tool. However, there is overlap between the files that these two devices clean, Disk Cleanup clears more file locations and types.
Third-party tools are also available for managing disk storage space. You can use these tools if they offer better disk space management but be careful which files you choose to remove and remember that most of the files are very unlikely to be recovered. the files are removed by a third-party disk cleaner.
Disk Cleanup will not damage Windows installation and will not uninstall apps.
The post Show how to run the disk cleanup on Windows 10 first on TechtricksNg.