Text files are a basic file type; a TXT file can be easily opened on Windows, macOS, and Linux with a terminal app, or a default text editor. Because of this, you will be able to scan text file content from within Windows 10 without the need for any third-party tools.
Most of the files can be scanned but you need to open them first. If you need to scan multiple files, it can be tedious. On Windows 10, if you have Microsoft 365 apps installed, you can scan text in Word documents but that’s about it.
Search for text in multiple Office files
Text is written in many file types. It is not limited to just DOCX files. Explosive pages and displays contain a lot of text and often users have to find a file with a specific word or phrase it contains.
To scan text in multiple office files, follow these steps.
- Download and run Office Search.No need to install the app.
- Enter text in the ‘What to find’ field. You can enter several words by separating them by semicolons (;).
- Select a folder in the Far field.
- If there are subfolders in the folder, and you like it introduction of subfolders in the search, enable the ‘Insert subphone’ option.
- if you want search a specific file type eg XLSX or PPTX or DOCX, you can access the file extension in File Pattern field.
- Finally, if you have entered multiple search terms, select either the ‘Any Words’, ‘All Words’, or ‘Match Case’ options.
- Click Research.
- The search results make a list of all the files in the folder. For files with matching words, you can see Found in the Status column.
- Double-click a file in the search results to open.
Supported file types
While we say that you can use Office Search for Microsoft files ie, DOCX, PPTX, XLSX, it also works with Libre Office files and you can scan through it in the same way.
Image files are easy to scan as they can display thumbnails. Other file types do not contain thumbnails such as documents, spreadsheets, and presentations that provide the contents of the file. More importantly, these files are not the type that can be judged for their contents with just one image. Text analysis is essential for these files. If you save a file, and forget it later, it is the best way to find it again.
The post Demonstrate how to scan text in multiple Office files on Windows 10 first on TechtricksNg.