The Windows 10 laptop has Phone or Position keys at the top. They perform two different duties; media control, and general app control. To switch between these functions, users must hold down the Fn key when they press one of these keys.
The Fn key changes the state / function of the Action keys from their primary to their secondary. This key acts as the Shift key ie, it needs to be held down in order to use the secondary function of the Action keys. It does not work as an on / off switch.
Build Phone keys on Windows 10
You can change the main function of the Activity keys on a Windows 10 laptop however, you need to go through BIOS to do so. If you want to be able to change the main function of these keys from within Windows 10 though, you need to set a Fn key that builds the functions.
The Fn key can be ‘locked’ if enabled enter state On where the Action keys fulfill their secondary function. When the Fn key is turned off, the Action keys return to their main function.
All this can be done from Windows 10 and you don’t need to go to BIOS but, e dependent on the keyboard you have. You must have your keyboard key that can lock the Fn key (see Escape key in the image below).
Pick up action keys
To enable the Fn key lock, follow these steps.
- Tap on the F1 key on your keyboard and see what it does determine the main responsibility of the key.
- Tap on it and hold down the Fn key on your keyboard.
- As long as you hold down the Fn key, tap on the Fn lock key and then release both keys.
- Tap on the July F1 and get implement a secondary action.
- Gu to unlock the action keys, hold down the Fn key.
- While holding down the Fn key, tap on the Fn lock key once and for all release both keys.
- The keys act return to their main work.
Action keys are often useful in games unless their main function is set to control media, brightness, WiFi, etc. on the system instead of controlling the game (or any other app) , cannot be used in the game. You won’t find apps that can throw the Fn keys on the fly or make ‘Fn lock’ true. If your keyboard does not have an Fn lock key, you are in luck.
The post How to Build Phone Keys on Windows 10 first appeared on TechtricksNg.