Steam uses cloud storage to save your games files and various data. It makes it possible to access your personalized settings on any computer you want to play on.
Once you install Steam on a new device, the app will load your cloud storage to your PC so you can continue to access your normal data even when you go offline.
However, sometimes Steam fails to download your information, and you may think that all your game data has been lost. It is not true because you can still download your Steam clouds manually. You need to know where to look.
Downloading Steam game files is especially useful when you want to play a game on a different platform. For example, if you’ve previously played on Windows and are currently switching to a Mac, Steam may have trouble downloading the game files across platforms. But you can help it by downloading the savings manually and then importing the files into Steam on Mac.
How to access and download Steam Cloud saves
Before attempting to download your Steam Cloud savings, you should make sure that they are actually uploaded to the Steam servers. To do this, you can check the update status of each game you are interested in.
How to enable Steam Cloud sync
- Launch Steam and get to your library
- Right click on a game and select real estate
- in the General tab, comas Keep games saved in the Steam Cloud
- Go to Updates tab
- set out Automatic updates to Always keep this game updated
- Open this window, open the Steam schedule, and go to Circumstances
- Switch to the Cloud tab
- look up Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for supported applications
- Click all right
Once you make sure that game files are synced to the cloud, you can easily download Steam Cloud saver to your device using any web browser.
How to download Steam Cloud save
- Open your web browser and access the Steam Cloud Page
- Sign in with your Steam account
- You can view all game files saved to Steam Cloud here. Find the game which files you want to download and click View files
- Click Download next to all files
- Save the downloaded files to your computer
Some users for replay games from the beginning are looking for a solution to remove the savings from Steam Cloud. That’s because eliminating the offline save won’t definitely solve the issue.
How to delete Steam Cloud save
Unfortunately, getting rid of the Steam Cloud saver is quite challenging. Because Steam is always looking to update everything. But it is not impossible, as long as you follow the exact steps below.
- Open the Steam options, select the Cloud tab, and make sure Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for supported applications examined
- Switch to the Updates tab and copy the App ID
- Put off steam
- Right-click on the Windows taskbar and open it Executive Manager
- If you find any run Steam processes, complete all of them
- Open your file explorer and go to the Steam installation folder (e.g.
C:Program Files (x86)Steam)
- Open the userdatadirectory
- Find and open the game folder by looking for a App ID
- Open the remote substrate
- Press and hold Shift, right-click on an empty space of the file explorer, and select Open a PowerShell window here
- sort of
clc *and press Enter
- Revolution PowerShell. All files in the remote subfolder of ID folder should now be empty
- Go back up one level (to the App ID folder) and delete remotecache.vdf
- Launch Steam and your game until Cloud Sync Conflict screen
- Do not click on anything in the Cloud Sync Conflict conversation
- Return to the App ID folder to the remote package and remotecache.vdf file
- Turn back to Steam and click Upload to Steam Cloud
- While in the game, move on Steam settings
- in the Cloud tab, uncheck Steam Cloud synchronization for supported applications
- Return to your game, exit to the desktop, and complete all Steam processes
- Go back to App ID fold and discard completely
- Launch your game. Steam should not save game synchronization anymore
To bundle it, you can download your Steam Cloud savings to any computer by simply using a web browser and logging into your Steam account.
However, things get a bit of a controversy when it comes to deleting a Steam Cloud game save because there is no straightforward method. You will eventually get there, however, as long as you follow the instructions above on the letter.
Did you successfully erase your clouds and install Steam trick without syncing everything? Let us know in the comment field below.
The post Steam Cloud Saves: How to Download and Delete Steam Saves Games appeared first on TechtricksNg.