DOTA 2 updates regularly like any other app or game. It needs updates to work and as part of the update, it will add more files to the system and update the ones that are already on the disk. Basically, the game needs to be able to write files to disk to update.
FIX: Error Write disk to DOTA 2
If you try to play or update DOTA 2, and you see a disk write error, it means that something is preventing the game from saving and / or updating the files aige. This could be a problem with Windows 10, with the game itself, or with Steam.
Try these solutions.
1. Check or disable anti-virus
Antivirus can prevent DOTA 2 from updating. It may prevent the game from saving or updating existing files. The only solution is to disable the anti-virus or add Steam to the moon.
If you choose to disable the anti-virus, enable Windows Defender. It will not block Steam and will keep you safe without another antivirus app.
2. Check for disk errors
Steam apps can be installed on any driver on your system and if you have a hard drive, it is prone to errors. These errors are probably why the game can’t update.
- Open File Explorer and go to This PC.
- Right click on the drive the game is on.
- Choose Real estate.
- Go to Tools tab.
- Click Look up.
If errors are found, you should run the SFC scan.
- Open Promptly forward with administrative rights.
- Run this command:
- Allow the scan to complete and repair files.
3. Verify game files
DotA 2 disk write error may be due to corrupt game files. You can fix them with Steam.
- Open Steam.
- go to Library.
- Right click on DOTA 2 and select Real estate.
- go to Local Files Tab.
- Click Verify the integrity of game files.
- Let the check to complete.
4. Delete downloaded files
The problem may be the downloaded files. You can remove them and update the game again.
- Open File Explorer.
- Navigate to the DOTA 2 driver is installed.
- go to
- Delete all the files there.
- Update DOTA 2 again.
5. Reset network settings
Your network may be blocking updates or installation. You can try restarting the router but it is also useful to reset the network on Windows 10.
- Open Order quickly with administrative rights.
- Run this command:
- Once the command is run, run this second command:
- Restart the system and try updating DOTA 2.
Dota 2 disk write error: Conclusion
The “disk write error” is not just on DOTA 2. You may get it with other games and the same configurations listed above seem to work. If you have apps that may prevent Steam from saving or updating files, disable them. The games should install and update without any problems.
The Error Write Disk Steam Disk on DOTA 2 on Windows 10 (SOLVED) first appeared on TechtricksNg.