Steam is home to several online games. It also has a whole social side ie, it is more than just a gaming platform. The Steam client has a built-in chat that you can use to chat with your friends while you play.
Steam user search
To use Steam, everyone needs to create an account. Each user sets their own display name and chooses to make their profile public or private. If you have a public profile, other users can find you by searching for it. Similarly, you can find other users.
To find a customer, you need one of the following;
- Link to user profile
1. Search the Steam community
You can find users from the Steam community tab.
- Open the Steam client or visit the Steam website.
- Click Community.
- in the Search the People field, insert a username or link to image.
- Tap on Enter.
- Look through the results and find the person you are looking for.
2. Search for friends
You can use Steam friends; chat and list to look for users but this search will only look through your friends list. It is not a general survey of all Steam users. You need to be logged into Steam.
- Open the Steam client.
- Click on the Putan Friends & Chat at the bottom right.
- Click inside a search bar and enter username.
- Tap enter and look for a customer.
3. Find recently played
You are free to play games with anyone on Steam. If you’ve ever played an online game and want to connect with some of the players, you can determine who you’ve played with recently.
- Open Steam.
- Click name your profile at the top (next to Community).
- Click Recently played from the left-hand column.
- You will see a a list of players you’ve recently played a game with. The list is categorized by games.
Username vs. profile link
You can find a user by their username or profile link however, a profile link is a much more accurate way of finding users. Steam allows multiplayer to have the same username so you may be looking at a very long list of players when trying to find a particular person.
If a user’s profile is set to private, you can’t find them by scanning.
Find a steam friend: CONCLUSION
Steam offers a large community for players to interact with. You can find players who play the same games as you and who plan to play sessions with them through Steam.
The post Steam User Search: How to search for players on Steam (Full Guide) first appeared on TechtricksNg.