Instagram started as a platform for sharing photos but has turned into a social network in its own right. With any social network, users need to manage their audience ie, who is friendly or who can follow you. Social media is built on a network of people you connect with but that doesn’t necessarily mean you have to follow everyone or be friendly with everyone.
How to block someone on Instagram
Instagram has a block feature that allows you to prevent a user from seeing anything and everything you post. If someone is constantly spamming your posts, or is usually hostile, you can block them. There are two ways to block someone on Instagram.
Block from reference / post
- Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Go to post that’s a comment from the user you want to block.
- Swipe left on the idea.
- Tap on the button exclamation.
- Select Block from the table.
Block from user profile
You can block a user from their profile.
- Use the search bar to find the user you want to block.
- Tap on the more options button at the top right.
- Select Block from the table.
What happens when you block someone on Instagram?
If you’re wondering what happens after you block someone on Instagram, it’s all very basic and follow social media blocking norms.
- Comments that have left the user closed are deleted.
- Items left by the blocked user will be removed.
- Conversations ie, messages sent by the closed user to your inbox will not be deleted. You can go back and read the conversation again.
- The blocked user cannot send you a message.
- You cannot send a message to the blocked user.
- The blocked user will not be able to see any of your posts.
- The blocked user cannot leave comments on your posts.
- The blocked user does not like any of your posts.
- The user who is blocked cannot post a tag.
- The user who has blocked you cannot reference you in their story.
- The blocked user will be removed from your Followers list ie, it no longer follows you.
- You will no longer see posts from a closed user.
- You cannot leave comments on blocked user posts.
- You cannot post with the blocked user.
Can you block a user on Instagram?
Unable to turn block. You can block a user when you block them.
- Open Instagram and go to your profile tab.
- Tap on the gear icon and select Settings from the menu.
- Select Privacy.
- Scroll down and tap on Blocked accounts.
- Tap on the Unblock button next to the account you want to unblock.
What should I do if someone has blocked me on Instagram?
If you were blocked by someone on Instagram, you can’t do much about it. Follow these suggestions.
- Leave the person who blocked yourself.
- Don’t try to talk to them.
- They don’t want to talk to you.
- Do not create another profile and use it to follow or interact with them.
- Don’t check them on other social media sites / apps.
- Remember that stalking is illegal.
Instagram has a shadow for users you want to secretly block. The user cannot tell that they are being blocked and they think you and everyone else interacting with you is avoiding them.
That said, if someone is bothering you too much, a hard block is the way to go.
The post What Happens When You Block Someone on Instagram (FULL GUIDE) first appeared on TechtricksNg.